top coat yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley Clarke

Reaction score
Hi
I use retention + pink and white on a client and did a bit of nail art on her thumb nails and put out the door top coat on. There was no yellowing when she left but the next time i saw her the thumb nails had yellow tinge but the rest of her nails with no top coat were fine. Has anyone else experienced this.

Shelley

Hi Shelly,

what top coat did you use? Did you rule out all the options, sunbeds, suncream, etc?
I had a client who came in and i did nail art on her and to help the art stay looking good longer i asked her to use a topcoat at home every few days. When she next came in they were all yellow and i couldnt work out why. Untill i asked her if she had used a top coat over them and she said yes, but it turned out to be a nail strengthener for natural nails that she used, and this had caused the yellowing! So ask your client if she has put a topcoat over the nail art, and if she has what make it was.

Michelle x

Remember that enamel is not nearly as colour stable as enhancments. There could be a variety of reasons (as illustrated above). INM also have a product (escapes me right now) that is a sunscreen that could help.

HTH's

It's called INM Total Eclipse.......... A UV protector and optical enhancer..........it is available in two sizes 15ml and 75ml........
HTH

I've experienced this yellowing too, tried different topcoats over my nailart but not found the perfect one yet. I asked my clients all the above questions too... tiz frustrating but will try and get a hold of some of INM Total Eclipse.

Thanx

total eclipse is good
i am a smoker (yuk i know :irked: ) and i dont get any yellowing at all with this

Latest posts

Back