Top lip waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanejayne

Reaction score
Hi,

Tonight I have waxed my moms top lip... Soon as I had finished she said she felt swollen and it was tingling.
To me that would be a normal feeling (when I do my own) but she said she has never had that before. (She normally had hot wax done else where)
I used pre wax, pulled the skin taught, after waxed... Only thin I can think of is the wax may have been slightly too thick?
I have a mini options give heater for my facial waxing along with a sensitive wax. I had it set to setting 3.. Wax felt fine on me, she said it wasn't hot.
Really put a downer on my waxing.. I qualified the beginning of Jan and have been practising on friend and family before I offer it as a service.
Any help would be great!!!
Thanks

I think strip wax can feel like that on the top lip. It's such a sensitive area.

It could be a bit soon to tell but is the redness fading like it should? Has the tingling stopped?

Don't worry too much x

I think strip wax can feel like that on the top lip. It's such a sensitive area.

It could be a bit soon to tell but is the redness fading like it should? Has the tingling stopped?

Don't worry too much x

She has said the redness had near enough gone... So that's a good sign! I'm waiting a text in the morning to let me know how it is. Fingers crossed! Thank you for the re assurance! I'm in desperate need lol x

Don't worry too much x

Well... She sent me a photo this morning, she has a graze about 4mm long just under her nose.

How can I prevent this happening again? :(

Try some oil/powder on the skin before you wax.
Check client is not using any creams that thin the skin.:)

Try some oil/powder on the skin before you wax.
Check client is not using any creams that thin the skin.:)

It's my mom, I know she uses a face cream but I would have removed most of it with pre wax. I will defiantly try some talc next time..
THANKYOU x

I use a tiny amount of jasmine wax oil on my mum because she has thin skin and it works a treat.

Sudacrem should sort out the graze xx

Hi,

Tonight I have waxed my moms top lip... Soon as I had finished she said she felt swollen and it was tingling.
To me that would be a normal feeling (when I do my own) but she said she has never had that before. (She normally had hot wax done else where)
I used pre wax, pulled the skin taught, after waxed... Only thin I can think of is the wax may have been slightly too thick?
I have a mini options give heater for my facial waxing along with a sensitive wax. I had it set to setting 3.. Wax felt fine on me, she said it wasn't hot.
Really put a downer on my waxing.. I qualified the beginning of Jan and have been practising on friend and family before I offer it as a service.
Any help would be great!!!
Thanks

It needs to be hot wax on the lip really, it's easy to graze and histamine react with strip wax in that area but hot wax grabs the hair not the skin.
Xx

I would say always use hot wax for facial waxing. Just so much easier in regards to getting every single hair, gentler on the skin and a much reduced chance of burning or lifting any skin from your client xx

Is she using a vitamin a based skincare? Had she been rushing? Had she just had a shower? There are a lot of reasons it can happen and you can do everything to avoid but sometimes it just happens even with non strip wax.

Keep going x

It needs to be hot wax on the lip really, it's easy to graze and histamine react with strip wax in that area but hot wax grabs the hair not the skin.
Xx

I really want to do hot wax, but I can't find a course that does facial hot wax, only intimate and I'm not quite ready for that yet!! Haha.

Thank you everyone!
I'm a little at ease now... Xx

I really want to do hot wax, but I can't find a course that does facial hot wax, only intimate and I'm not quite ready for that yet!! Haha.

Thank you everyone!
I'm a little at ease now... Xx

Did you cover hot wax in your basic training? You are covered in basic training for facial hot waxing. Look at some videos from YouTube, I recommend Adam and Eve waxes, we use the lust hot wax thier strip waxes are really nice too.
Xx

Did you cover hot wax in your basic training? You are covered in basic training for facial hot waxing. Look at some videos from YouTube, I recommend Adam and Eve waxes, we use the lust hot wax thier strip waxes are really nice too.
Xx

No nothing at all just warm waxing...
I would have to question the with the trainer and insurance surly?
X

No nothing at all just warm waxing...
I would have to question the with the trainer and insurance surly?
X
Check with your insurers but you will be covered for "waxing" waxing is waxing hot, warm, honey etc.
Xx

Check with your insurers but you will be covered for "waxing" waxing is waxing hot, warm, honey etc.
Xx

I shall phone 1st thing in the morning!!! :) thanks. X

Latest posts

Back