Top Talons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsto23

Reaction score
Has anyone trained with these?

Are they accredited and are you insurable after this course?

I'd really love to do this for convenience really as there is no way i could get a babysitter til 10pm every week while i did a nail course at the local college and to be quite frank, i cant afford a CND course, before anybody suggests it :( haha.

Any advice/alternatives greatly appreciated.

Danielle x

I have done some training with them and was happy with what i recieved. They are excellant, friendly people who you can get into contact with after your training for advice. You get given course manuals to take home after the course. Excellant value for money. Some courses you get free training if you buy their kit :)

Paige. X

Did you recieve an insurable cettificate? Xx

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha certificate*

Hi I have done four courses with them now and I have just booked on to do another course. They are very friendly and very helpfull. Plus you can also get In touch with the trainer who trained you via Facebook if there on it!
And yes you get a certified certificate with the beauty guild

If you go on to the beauty guild website and search who they accredit. Top talons comes up with all there courses

Hope this helps. Highly recommend them:)

Hi I have done four courses with them now and I have just booked on to do another course. They are very friendly and very helpfull. Plus you can also get In touch with the trainer who trained you via Facebook if there on it!
And yes you get a certified certificate with the beauty guild

If you go on to the beauty guild website and search who they accredit. Top talons comes up with all there courses

Hope this helps. Highly recommend them:)

Im definately going to do my course with them! Without a doubt now! Im pretty easily swayed mind but i trust youre opinions completely :)

Thanks

Daniellex

I did my threading course through them and was very disappointed. It took two hours! She whizzed through the theory even though there were people who hadn't done any training in any treatments before! She was getting frustrated that we couldnt grasp the movement and when my friend asked for help on how to do a certain part of the eyebrow she just huffed and rolled her eyes. She wanted to get it done ASAP as she could squeeze another course in after us. A set of people in one day were qualified in waxing, threading and tinting!! Shocking really. Not sure on what the nail courses are like but this one particular course/trainer did not impress us and had put us off wanting to go back.

Hello,

I would said it depends on who the tutor is on the day, as they use different tutors for different things and they all have different experience, id also say it depends on how much experience and qualifications you already have.

I have a few VTCT diplomas in various courses, and foundation degree in complementary therapies and other qualifications that I have spent years studying for, so I already have a pretty good level of A+P knowledge etc.

I did the nail course with them and thought it was ok for a taster and the kit was ok to practise with, but retrained with Nail Harmony which was IMO much better and more professional. I didn't feel at all confident after the top talons course, and in hind sight understand that its impossible to cram so much into a day and understand.

That said I LOVE Nail harmony and would urge anyone thinking about training in any nail treatments then to go with them. My educator was brilliant.

I also trained in spray tanning with them tho and that was fine, and im really confident in that. However as said before I already have experience and good qualifications in other treatments which helps too. But I think its more realistic to learn spray tanning than nails in the time scales given.

I hope that helps and I will say that they were lovely and friendly but I don't regret doing my course as it gave me a taste for doing nails, but you will need loads of practise (as with any course really) and will probably need some more in depth training.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back