Top tips for achieving this wavy hair up.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiahoney

Reaction score
Hello, any good tips on how to achieve this wavy style. Client has med-fine just touching the shoulder length hair. Happy to use a few clip in pieces to bulk out a bit.
Im curious as to how others would get thw wavy messy look right from the roots?
Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1401892360476.jpg
    1401892360476.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 192
Hi, I've been doing this messy up do for a wedding, it's really popular rather than the structured up dos that so many people want. You'll want to curl the hair first and leave to cool in pins, I always set the hair for an up do as it creates more body, then shake out and back comb the top to give it a bit of height around the crown. I then put it up in a messy pony but keeping the ends in( like a bun) then pull out a bit to make it fatter and use pins to pin the corners in to the hair, you can leave pieces out at the front too to bring back also, or just leave them for the client to have something around her face. This idea works well on the side too. It's almost too simple for an up do but I always find the simpler the better x

Thankyou. I was thinking that setting was going to be the best option as appose to curling with tongs/straightners to get a good root lift.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back