Total nail beginner - Bio Sculpture training help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleftheria

Reaction score
Hi there!

First of all, I am not a qualified nail technician and have no training with any professional systems. However, I am extremely passionate about my own nail care and beauty and am interested in getting a starter kit or some sort of basic training.

I originally started looking to buy my own lamp and some gel polishes to do on myself and friends as a hobby and some extra cash on the side, as I don't wish to pursue this is a permanent career (at the moment!) However, through research into all the different lamps and gel systems and prices etc. I realised it wasn't that simple.

I am extremely drawn to the Bio Sculpture system but after some research have found that it is really expensive to train and you can't buy their products without obviously first being trained in how to use them!

So my question is, has anyone been in my position that could tell me how much exactly (the website was confusing on exact prices) the cost of training with Bio Sculpture would be? And more importantly, if it would be worth it?

I know I said I wanted to pursue this as a hobby and an extra form of cash flow but that doesn't mean I want to compromise on product quality and I've had a few Gelish and Shellac manicures that have left me unhappy with the condition of my natural nail afterwards.

Any general advice and help would be really useful as I'm so confused!

Thanks

E. x

Hi !

I inquired on the course a couple of days ago and the bio rep told me it was 180 for a day course if you are already a nail tech or esthetician. If not you have to do the manicure course as well . This all came to a combined cost of close to 1800 by the time you have the courses paid for and the Kits for each required course purchased !! Hope that helps

Last edited:
To do Bio Sculpture you need to hold a basic manicure & pedicure certificate - in fact you will find this for all quality products. And although you are only considering doing this as a hobby if you are charging people you will need insurance. To get insurance you need qualifications. Don't think "oh they're friends they won't sue me". I know a fellow nail tech who was sued by a friend. Also these are chemicals you are working with and you need to know how to work with them properly and safely and also how to recognise contra indications. If you contact Bio Sculpture they will give you all the info you need - I have worked with it for 8 years and love it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you both! I didn't even think about the insurance side of things! But I definitely already appreciated the need to train and learn how to use the products hence asking about training. I will contact Bio Sculpture direct as they also provide the basic manicure training day course for those with no experience. Thanks again!

Good luck with it. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back