Total Novice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabeebalc

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new! I have just bought a house with a hairdressing salon on the front! There is currently a hairdressers business opperating from the premises but I intend to start my own business once they leave. There are 5 stations to fill. I have no knowledge of business or hairdressing and am wondering the best way to go about starting up.

Shall I rent the stations out? Is this the best way of generating money at first or would I be better to employ hairdressers on a 50/50 basis.

If I rent the chairs out, who pays for the products? How will I know what to order?

What insurance do I need?

Will I need to employ a receptionist or would the hairdressers be prepared to answer the phone and take their own bookings?

Would I need to employ someone to wash hair?

Sorry to be so ignorant but I really haven't a clue.

Owning a hairdressers could be a way of getting my family (I have 3 children and a husband on a very low income while he retrains) out of a big black hole so any advice you could offer would be greatfully recieved!

Many thanks in anticipation

Anna
:eek:

Hi there. I'm new! I have just bought a house with a hairdressing salon on the front! There is currently a hairdressers business opperating from the premises but I intend to start my own business once they leave. There are 5 stations to fill. I have no knowledge of business or hairdressing and am wondering the best way to go about starting up.

Shall I rent the stations out? Is this the best way of generating money at first or would I be better to employ hairdressers on a 50/50 basis.

If I rent the chairs out, who pays for the products? How will I know what to order?

What insurance do I need?

Will I need to employ a receptionist or would the hairdressers be prepared to answer the phone and take their own bookings?

Would I need to employ someone to wash hair?

Sorry to be so ignorant but I really haven't a clue.

Owning a hairdressers could be a way of getting my family (I have 3 children and a husband on a very low income while he retrains) out of a big black hole so any advice you could offer would be greatfully recieved!

Many thanks in anticipation

Anna
:eek:

Hi, here is a couple of links that may help
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/62995-whats-required-50-50-rent-chair.html?highlight =chair+rental

Legal Implications of Chair Rental - 30/04/2007 (Hairdressers Journal Interactive - Business)

Latest posts

Back