Towels...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsarahH

Reaction score
Not really sure where to post this!

I think its time to invest in some new towels. The ones i have are nowhere near as soft as i remember them being! My towels were from Capital, but Im sure i could find better quality towels for less elsewhere.

I wonder where you would recommend I purchase new ones. Obviously im after something that will remain soft, with a nice thick, fluffy feel!

Hope this doesnt seem like a really silly thread! :o

Not really sure where to post this!

I think its time to invest in some new towels. The ones i have are nowhere near as soft as i remember them being! My towels were from Capital, but Im sure i could find better quality towels for less elsewhere.

I wonder where you would recommend I purchase new ones. Obviously im after something that will remain soft, with a nice thick, fluffy feel!

Hope this doesnt seem like a really silly thread! :o

Not at all a silly thread! I would also be interested to see what people say as I'm looking for the same thing!
I recently brought (for home) Egyptian cotton towels from debenhams, I got 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 flannels for £15!
And they are lovely and soft so I might have a look in there again x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Yes, Majestic are good.

I bought my first salon towels from Asda of all places 4 yrs ago and they're still going strong. Amazingly indestructable things!

They then changed them and the hems on the ones I bought afterwards have all needed sewing - still good towels and still feel great.

If you've got an Asda's nearby take a look. Just make sure you buy as many as you need though as they do change their colour ranges a bit too often.....

I got mine from matalan and they have lasted really well x

I also have bought from Majestic, they do a complete range of towels and other stuff like couch covers etc..
Jack

I've bought mine from Tesco.

I also make sure to add a fabric softner to the wash as this makes a difference in the softness & fluffyness of the towels.

The bulk of my towels are from Majestic too, I love their egyptian cotton towels, very thick & fluffy - highly recommend them x

Thanks ladies, Do you all tumble dry your towels to keep them soft?

Yes, I always tumble dry them x

Most of mine are from asda, they are very soft and fluffy! Wouldn't have them any other way!

I use fabric softener and tumble dry them to keep them fluffy!

I get mine from Primark.
They really good quality, good price and range of sizes.
The ones I have now I've had for 2.5 years and Ivd just bought new ones due to changing colour scheme.
I get them washed and dried at the laundrette as a service wash.

I also got mine from Primark, great prices, good range of colours too x

I got mine from Primark and Dunelm. Just a tip for everyone though - don't put fabric conditioner in every wash, it will destroy the absorbancy of the towel. I vary it between Bounce sheets and fab con.

Another Majestic fan here. I never tumble dry mine; I'm way too stingy for that! I dry mine all over the house, and in the summer they go on the line. I got my first lot of the year dried outside yesterday - Spring is springing!

Just looked at majestic! Looks really good gets my vote! I will definatly be going there from now on!! x
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Thanks everyone, thats really helpful :)

I don't use fabric softener. I use white vinegar. Put in the same amount you would use of softener. The vinegar helps to get out the last of the detergent and it is a natural fabric conditioner....and don't worry, your towels don't smell of vinegar afterwards.

This was recommended to my mother by her Dr when I was first born to use in the wash for nappies. She's done it ever since and so have I. I use it with every load I do - clothes, sheets, towels,everything.

Latest posts

Back