TPOTW Roller wax vs pot and spatula?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
I am curious how many of you still use pot and spatula over roller wax?
I would set this as I poll but don't know how.
I have preferred roller wax for years now and so do all my clients. However I am always surprised when they say they have never seen it before.
Of course I only using it for large ares like arms, legs, back etc.
I find I can be very quick and efficient and clients think it seems more professional.
What do you use and why?

I only offer male waxing treatments and personally I don't like rollers.

I find that often men have coarse long hair (not all of course) and they can drag on the hair and feel uncomfortable. I also get waxing done and all the times I have had it done with rollers I find it much more uncomfortable. I find a pot and spatula method works best for me and I prefer to speed wax using this method. We have also had lots of new clients over the years that have commented and feel that the rollers have been more uncomfortable, so we don't use them for this reason.

Its also down to how to personal choice as to what suits best and I guess a roller wax system is great for female body waxing especially legs and for mobile therapists I think they will be great as they heat up much quicker and are ideal for that sort of service.

Jack

Thanks a really good point. Thanks for your reply. I agree on long hair it can pull. I do mainly women but do prefer to resort to my spatula for the long hair guys. Thanks

I prefer roller wax for legs, arms, back and chest as I find it gets the wax on a lot quicker than a spatula. I find the Hive roller waxes can get very cloggy though, and they seem to stick solid to the skin sometimes for no apparent reason!

I prefer pot & spatula for bikini, eyebrow/lip/chin and underarm as you can be far more precise with your application and it doesn't drag the skin like a roller does. Just my personal preference :wink2:

Latest posts

Back