TPTW Do you have a closed or open mind?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
Hi Geekies

So I've been thinking lately after reading a few threads on here and other fb groups, whether or not we all have an open or closed mind towards new products. Are you open to new products, colour collections, a twist on an existing product, new innovations and such like:

1 From your main manufacturer(s) (eg cnd, wella, eve taylor, sienna x)
2 From manufacturers other than your usual manufacturer(s)
3 From a newly launched manufacturer in the industry

Are you sometimes quick to write off something before you've tried it? Or do you trust your main brand that from the off you know it's going to be good? Do you use a number of brands to cover all areas of what you want to offer or do you stick with one brand only- if so why?

Love n hugs xx

I'm guilty of sticking to what I know unfortunately :(

Nothing to be guilty about hun, I'm a real CND girl myself apart from one or two treatments I offer- I just wondered what others did or didnt do and why.

I normally take a bit of time to find out about other products first before I yay or nay something. There are certain products out now that I keep thinking should or shouldn't I- but its down to money and demand than whether or not its from my usual manufacturer or not.

I also like to find out as much as I can about products, gain others opinions and such like before I go with a product. I'll admit I'm probably closed minded/skeptical about new manufacturers on the market simply because there are some fabulous well established ones already- but maybe that means I'm missing out?

As for new products from my main manufacturer I have to say I thoroughly trust them and so far i've not been let down.

I'd like to think that I give all brands a fair go, never rubbish anything i havent tried myself and dont even mind the ones that bring out a product with a slight twist on an existing one- as things evolve, new research is developed and so on.

Colour collection wise I understand peoples frustrations but i do think its all about finding a product that suits your client in the first instance and fact of the matter is we're not always going to have the same taste or ideas on what our product line should hold.

Interested to hear everyone elses thoughts on this too.

xxx

I have a very open mind and luckily a hubby with a good job.

I am guilty of trying lots of new things, alot of the time theyre not up to scratch but I believe everything should be given a chance, you dont know till you try!!

Great TPTW!

I can only speak of facial products but, against the grain I know, I believe different companies have real hero products which cannot be beaten. So, although I stick to 1 main brand I will use other products if they fit with my client's profile, and they are compatible.

An example is Elemis Papya Enzyme Peel. For clients needing a throrogh but non-mechanical exfoliation I find this product superior to a similar one in my main range. The active ingredients are the same, but presumably in a higher concentration, and with better results.

I know it's believed to be unprofessional by some to mix , but it's a considered decision I make.

I am quite loyal so would stick to what I no, but if all I heard was great things about a new product and everyone was using it I'd give it a whirl :) x

great thread missus...

i have tried many products out over the years but have now settled on my core range of products. at this stage i would be very unlikely to change my main make up or skin care range, gels/tans/ eyelash dyes etc

i suppose if you're happy with a range you will just keep working with it...why not...if it's not broken ..why fix it?

i have an enquiring mind or you might just call me nosy but even thought i am happy with my main products i do still try out other products just to see what they are like.

nothing will do me now only get the OPI gel color with an LED lamp. ordering it tuesday. do i need it ..no... but i want it so by jingles i will have it. haha.

With colour i do try other brands other than wella which is my main brand i use. I tend to mainly stick to wella though as i know exactly what i am doing with it.

With regards to Products e.g shampoo etc i am a proper product junkie and try loads of different things. I think my clients quite like to see what i will have on each visit.

With regards to Products e.g shampoo etc i am a proper product junkie and try loads of different things. I think my clients quite like to see what i will have on each visit.

Youll need a second house soon woman you keep buying like that ;) x x x ps hair still looking fab ;) x x x

Really enjoying reading your responses, thank you x

Ps rinn you want it woman you have it girl ;) x x x

Youll need a second house soon woman you keep buying like that ;) x x x ps hair still looking fab ;) x x x

I do have an obscene amount haha.
Glad hair is still all good :D

I have to admit in the past I have been a bit of a product junkie. I still am in some ways as I love to try knew things. I won't change my nail product or training range or my tanning range as I'm a 100% happy with them after trying a few different brands in the past.
When I'm completely happy with something I won't change to anything else.:D

I'm happy to try any new products on the market, but ONLY if the supplier offers free samples. I refuse to pay for something until I know it does what it says on the tin :twisted:

99.9% of the time, I don't buy the new brands, because the brands I already use are only top quality. However, I feel we need to give new brands a chance - you never know until you try!

Latest posts

Back