TPTW. How well trained is the trainer?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many years experience do you expect your trainer to have?

• 1 year or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 2 - 3 Years

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • 3 - 4 years

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • More than 4 years

Votes: 84 77.8%

• Total voters
Surely this is where there needs to be some sort of regulation..... I am aware that there are no regulations on many things within the beauty industry but when it comes to training for a company, surely they have an obligation to regulate and moderate their training systems/trainee's. I am sure that there are many companies out there where this is good practice to ensure their company/products and training are portrayed with the utmost professionalism and so that they can continue to provide excellent customer satisfaction.... However, as the last two posts on this thread suggest this clearly doesn't happen with every company.

If I were to tell you that in the school I work in over half the people teaching our children were not qualified and had only been studying the subjects they were teaching for a couple of months I think there would be total uproar.... it should be the same in every industry shouldn't it???? To pass on your knowledge, experience and wisdom in a subject surely you have to have knowledge, experience and wisdom for the subject in the first place!!!!!

There are things in place to stop this, such as not being able to get your certs accredited through insurance companies if you yourself have no qualifications in the subject your teaching or if you have no teaching quals.

The people who then do the training with a company that is not accredited then they themselves cannot get insured. Well thats what I thought until I read this thread.

The government will always come out with stupid bylaws that make no sense to create stumbling blocks in us setting up or running a salon yet they don't give two hoots about whether or not someone is properly qualified to do what they say.

I could not run a restaurant or takeaway without being inspected or doing a food hygiene cert every year but I can run a salon that could equally cause problems.

With this in mind the government should surely have some guidelines in place to ensure all teachers have updated experience and training in their field. Although I am sure if one of us set up a Training Centre to teach brain surgery we may very well raise a few eyebrows.

Expierence? What is expierence?

I know many teachers , a "big" and famous Teachers ,Teachers with 20-25 Years expierence in nailindustrie) etc.
They have made our nail-Industrie.....

I know also a young teachers , oftly about 2-3 Years as NT... and I must say that I have learnd more from the second group.

Many Educators with 15 Years expierence are Old-fashioned Educators and not more Trendy. Many of them are oftly sure that they can all and that they cannot lernt more. They are oft close for new and - :( - jealous of another , modern NT. They shame on to come and learn from Young nail-Tech.Why????
They are oftly educator only becusse they have EXPIERENCE!..and when I see what they do...oh,my Gooooooood......

Sadly,I know many Educators with 10 -15 Years Experience, ther learn in the name for big companys and they cannot make a ordinary nail or manicure , they working on natural nail with 100 Grit File, the dont know what is a different between acrylic and acrylat ... ..

Standarts from Today are not standart from 1980...... Many Champions from 1980 woudnt have a chance today.....

What I want to say is..... alone experience and many years in indrustrie dont give You a Honour to be a good Tech or a good Educator.

Its simple Rule : dosent matter how long- important is HOW!

I Think only one make me a good Educator: my students and theirs work and proffesionality and Suceed from they. Doesnt matter what of company or how many years I make a nails!

My student are oftly a winner from many international competitons.
I am nail-Tech since End of 2006 .

I "dont have Experience" like another one.....
Oh really???? ..... Dont I? :green:

P.S. Ez Flow is for me THE COMPANY with the best Educator-Team. To be an "Ez Flow Educator you must to know something. And this "something" is very,very,very,veeeeeeery proffesional.Respekt!

Last edited:
Teachers are born not made. Experience of course is vital and no one can teach you that either.

I know plenty who have got the qualification and couldn't teach anyone how to make a cup of tea, let alone how to do something as skillful as nail enhancement. I sit and listen to them and :zzz: not an ounce of inspiration or excitement or fun. There must be all that as well IMO.

Being a good nail technician doesn't make a good teacher of the art either.
It is rare to get all the things together in one person. :lol:

Yes,yes,yes!!!..and this by the way... is also only truth and nothing but the truth.....

I teach Manicure,Pedicure, Extensions, Nail art (yes there are books though you have to search for them) Indian head massage, Aromatherapy, Swedish Body Massage and Reflexology.

I am fully qualified in all my subjects and in addition have my teachers certificate. My courses are accredited with Beautyguild.com I aim to give excellent after support and thorough training. I am a perfectionist and am so sorry for the people that are conned by 'training companies' that offer a one day and you can do it!

Just not possible and I refuse to do that type of foundation course. So some of us are doing the job correctly.:green:

i put 3-4 years. Ive been tanning and waxing for 4 years and have recently become a tanning trainer.

i think companies should have some kind of structure with there education but this will vary from company to company.

I totally agree to some kind of foundation - maybe in the form of nvq or similar, then skill building, then masters, and then yes if you make the cut, you can become an educator. I personally feel this is the most solid base to becoming an eucator and delivering the best possible training to your students?! Without any experience or knowledge how can you give the best to your students.

Anyone can teach any subject as long as they are qualified in it, however can they really offer you the knoweldge and wealth of information that we all really need. I also agree that just because someone has more experience than another it doesnt make them a better trainer. But then someone who has less expeience wouldnt necessarily make them a worse trainer but they would not have the wealth of knowledge that we as students would expect them to have.

Great thread kate - spot on !!!

you do have to have a level 3 in the subject you wish to teach not just be qualified in the subject and colleges like you to have at least 2 years experiences in the field as well. i know this as i have just started to teach media and theatrical make up.

There are things in place to stop this, such as not being able to get your certs accredited through insurance companies if you yourself have no qualifications in the subject your teaching or if you have no teaching quals.

The people who then do the training with a company that is not accredited then they themselves cannot get insured. Well thats what I thought until I read this thread.

The government will always come out with stupid bylaws that make no sense to create stumbling blocks in us setting up or running a salon yet they don't give two hoots about whether or not someone is properly qualified to do what they say.

I could not run a restaurant or takeaway without being inspected or doing a food hygiene cert every year but I can run a salon that could equally cause problems.

With this in mind the government should surely have some guidelines in place to ensure all teachers have updated experience and training in their field. Although I am sure if one of us set up a Training Centre to teach brain surgery we may very well raise a few eyebrows.

to teach any subject weather it is English or make up you have to have at least your cert ed if you want to teach in a college or school.

Latest posts

Back