TPTW - Mobile & home salons, good for the industry??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am mobile,have worked in salons,and am currently saving up to open my own salon.
Lately I have seen the most unbelievable things!

1 girl i know does nails,isnt insured, doesnt declare a thing, smokes with her clients whilst doing there nails!?? swears, talks about all kinds of taboo subjects,and thinks this is fab, because her clients think of her as a friend??

1 girl i met recently,not qualified, doesnt declare anything, uninsured,drives a car to do her mobile work,and doesnt even have a licence!!
Raves about how she makes LOADS of money doing hair extensions,when she puts 1 packet of yaki hair in all of her clients hairs,despite there hair texture/type?
How do these people get away with it??

1 girl i met recently,not qualified, doesnt declare anything, uninsured,drives a car to do her mobile work,and doesnt even have a licence!!
Raves about how she makes LOADS of money doing hair extensions,when she puts 1 packet of yaki hair in all of her clients hairs,despite there hair texture/type?
How do these people get away with it??

Hmmmm, sod her business, perhaps she should be reported to the police!

This might sound a bit stereotypical, but I'd like to think that clients can tell the professionals. Decent website (I know not everyone has one), good salon hygiene, uses professional products, advertises professionally, well presented and spoken owner/employees, actively talks and backs up their education etc etc.

Versus those who don't give two hoots about any of that.

I wouldn't go to anyone if they didn't seem to be a professional whether they be a salon, mobile or home salon. I think most of the population will always try those 'unprofessional' people first and then go back to those they trust.

Hmmmm, sod her business, perhaps she should be reported to the police!

This might sound a bit stereotypical, but I'd like to think that clients can tell the professionals. Decent website (I know not everyone has one), good salon hygiene, uses professional products, advertises professionally, well presented and spoken owner/employees, actively talks and backs up their education etc etc.

Versus those who don't give two hoots about any of that.

I wouldn't go to anyone if they didn't seem to be a professional whether they be a salon, mobile or home salon. I think most of the population will always try those 'unprofessional' people first and then go back to those they trust.

Obviously I did think about calling the police,or trading standards, but she would of probably known it was me, if i had of done so soon.
And youre dead right about what you said about clients sussing the "worng-uns" out.
Over the past 4 months, I have gained around 12 of her clients that continue to say "oh, **** doesnt wear a uniform" "**** doesnt use a consultation form" so theyre definately on the ball! : )

When you look at the masses of nss salons that are out there, I really do not see how home and mobile technicians come into the equasion.

Nss salons filled with how many nail stations per shot?

Ok some mobile and home based techs offer the most scariest of work but this is just the same with the odd tech in some well established salons too :eek:

Theres some slippery fish out there ! :green:

Latest posts

Back