TPTW - Tipping in the UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like most of you i tip if i'm happy with the service regardless of who it was. usually hairdressers, taxis, restaurants. mind you none of them would retire on it seeing as i don't use them that often .
at work i accept my tips with a thank you. if one of the other girls had started or finished a treatment for me and a tip was left i would give it all to her.

I always tip. I know how much difference tips made to me when i was working in the salon. I'm mobile now and still get tips but not as much as i did when i was in a salon, i think people think all the money i take goes straight into my pocket now!

i hardly ever get tips when doing beauty, people assume its added onto the price of the treatment already. i got offered more tips when i worked in a clothes shop, once a man tried to give me a £10 tip for helping his wife who was in a wheelchair try on some outfits :lol: i tip my regular beautician and hairdresser because they are amazing, but if i go somewhere and i dont think its out of this world then they can forget it x

As an american I may be a bit jaded, however if I cant afford to tip (and tip well) I do not go out. I make $8.00 an hour, pay $87.00 per week to park my suv. I could not survive without my clients generosity, and I like to return the favor when I recieve a service. Remember geeks, waitresses/waiters here are ONLY paid $2.85 an hour in most US restarants.

Sorry to hijack, what does TPTW mean? Ive wondered this for a whole year lol!

Thought provoking thread of the week.

I tip if I feel its deserved and been given exceptional service. Some industries pay staff the bare minimum and times are tough at the moment. I expect the tip to go to the person I'm tipping not a generalized tip for all.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Latest posts

Back