Trade test, no equipment! Would you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine h & b

Reaction score
Would any of you actually turn up for a trades test for a job with no equipment ?

I presume at a trade test for interview everything would be provided for me, I'd presume I'd have to come dressed in suitable work wear.

As a hairdresser I'd bring all my equipment as it's personal to me but it would probably be a bit difficult for a beauty therapist to bring wax pot etc :)

I would take own tweezers possibly and if doing nail enhancements then my own brush and if hair my own scissors.

Its for a stylist can't believe no comb, clips, brushes when asked if they had their scissors the reply was "I think I have them" !

Every interview I have been to I have taken it all!

Would any of you actually turn up for a trades test for a job with no equipment ?

Well I imagine it's completely different for a hairdresser (I'd definitely take my scissors) but I can't see myself rocking up with my wax pot and couch :lol:.

Again, not a hairdresser but I'd have thought combs and clips would've been provided - just like I would files, waxing spatulas. Funny how everyone's different? :o

i would def take my kit bag which includes usual scissors razor combs clips brushes hairdryer irons - i wouldnt take colouring equipment..

I would ask for confirmation beforehand of what is expected. Never assume anything!

I would ask for confirmation beforehand of what is expected. Never assume anything!

very true. I will rember that, it can be applied to lots of situations i seem to find myself in :)

I obviously wouldnt expect colour to be bought but would think it was common sense to check that you have scissors as in the interview it was outlined that we all use our own equipment!

I obviously wouldnt expect colour to be bought but would think it was common sense to check that you have scissors as in the interview it was outlined that we all use our own equipment!

Oh well that's just plain daft!

I'm guessing she didn't get the job? ;)

I've got more in tomorrow!
What shocked me was the way "I think I have my scissors"

Latest posts

Back