Trademarking a tagline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateice

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am looking at using a tagline to go underneath my logo.

It is quite a catchy one and I am sure it has been used in some ads but I can't remember which ones. It relates to beauty. I would like to trademark it and have done some research on the government website and it has been trademarked in Germany. Does that mean that I can trademark it in the uk and use it?

You need to pay for professional advice if you don't want to risk becoming embroiled in a legal dispute a few years down the line. Try https://www.citma.org.uk/home

Hi Nateice,

I agree that you should seek professional advice but there will likely be issues if the tagline has ever been used in the UK market for a beauty product, regardless of whether it is registered in the UK or not. I suspect it may have been used in the UK if a German company has trademarked it in English language.

I think you possibly can. Would you want to if another company is already using it? How big a company are they? Do they use it on social media? These are things I would be considering. If you want to use it to hashtag I would want something unique not something being used by someone else.

Latest posts

Back