Trading Secrets - how do you go the extra mile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Can some of you share some tips for making your treatments stand out, something you think brings your clients back and makes you different from others....I love hearing new ideas

My main extras are...

I have a pedi bowl with stones for clients to soak their feet during the consultation/feedback from the last treatment (also means their feet are clean prior to treatment)

Hot towels or mits to refresh the back after a massage

Choice of foot/hand/scalp massage during mask

I love the luxury of the little bits, it makes me feel good to do them and I hope it makes my clients feel good to receive them....

I don't know that my reply belongs here, as I'm a nail geek, but hey, food for thought, aye?:green:

I help them on and off with their coats and hang them for them.
I fix them a beverage that comes with a matching cover to keep dust out of it.
I help them on & off with socks & boots/shoes when it's pedi time (I'm already bent over, why make them imitate a pretzel?)
I use scented candles & music.
I ask them to feel free to surf the net for nail art, and come to me with their ideas of what they want, as opposed to limiting them to my own ideas.
Happy Birthday cards and rebates on their birthday.
I treat them as a person and not a number and give them what they need (ie: a sympathetic ear, support, encouragement for whatever is on their mind OR I just entertain them with anecdotes when they are due for a good laugh and make the scenarios extra silly just for them).

ummmmm not sure what else sets me apart......that might be any different from what all of you offer.
I know that I'm VERY different compared to local competition, and the list would be endless compared to them.:lol:

hiya, what about getting a heated underblanket used on beds and putting it on your couch for winter facials. it is relaxing for your clients and keeps them all snug and cosy. you can buy ones for couches but i think they cost much more. just get on for a single bed and fasten it on.
:smack:

My salon is fairly new and i have just bought heated under blanket so hoping it goes well. I think a hand and arm massage ot head massage while the mask is on is a nice touch. Also i like to place warm towels on the back after a back massage and go out of the room let client relax then bring them nice glass of cold water to revive them. This should be an interesting thread francesXXX good one!:hug::hug::)

a hot water bottle is a nice touch, and doesnt cost much, place on the back to warm the muscles before a massage, can be placed at the feet or the clients tummy if they like during a facial, lots of positve client feedback about this little extra!!

Latest posts

Back