Trading standards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a specific trading standards section (like OFFCOM is for communications) for the beauty industry? Such as inadequate training, products not being up to standard, bad customer service etc...? I mean primarily from a therapist's perspective. Who do we complain to if the company we trained with etc...doesn't provide a good enough standard of equipment or misrepresented their product for instance? Does anyone know or has anyone had experience of this? Lx

i hope you get a good response from this lucy

initially i would say contact the company direct, but then it is good to have others opinions and advise,
makes you feel more confident in complaining if you know your rights
good luck

If you just type in Trading standards into Google it comes up with all sorts of advise hth

Not sure but maybe the awarding body i.e nvq, vtct, btec or as mentioned the head office of the company. this would be first call of complaint, then
if no luck I should imagine trading standards would be able to help as they
are advertising something and not delivering. no harm in giving them a ring if
they can't help they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

thanks everyone. I'm going to ring at lunch time. I was just wondering if there was an independent body already. Lx

Latest posts

Back