Train to teach beauty/start own academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Any advice on what course/courses id need to start to teach beauty ideally waxing,
id like to start my own training academy, any one started their own?

Thank you!

Hello. I have some teaching experience in beauty within a further education college plus a 6th Form School. The teaching course you want to apply for is the Certificate in Education and Training (CET). This is all you need I believe to become a trainer. If however, you wish to teach in colleges or schools then you need to go on to achieve the Diploma in Education and Training (DET). I did mine through a University but there are online courses and private schools offering the same although usually the theory for these is studied in your own time at your own speed and you need to be quite disciplined to get the work done. Doing the course through a college or university requires you to attend a class every week with other students who are doing the same course. The courses require you to teach 100 hrs a year. I wrote to all the local colleges and schools that teach beauty and offered to teach voluntary in order for me to attend the teaching course. Two offered me placements and I chose to teach in one. The beauty teacher acted as my Mentor and is required to observe you teaching twice a year (as is your course tutor) and they write feedback reports. I sat in on many lessons just observing them and asking questions before I started teaching. Good luck!

The AET is the Award in Education and Training and is the lowest qualification, one below the CET (Certificate) and two below the DET (Diploma).

I know flirties is looking for trainers in different areas (waxing included) so maybe contact them x

Latest posts

Back