Training/apprenticeship advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbucks88

Reaction score
Hi there been awhile.since I posted on here, looking for some help as were to go, it is my dream to work in beauty I would love to get into complimentary therapies, I started an nvq level 2 college course last year along with working in a salon a few days a week but had to quit half way through for personal reasons and problems at home... I would love to start training again but are having a hard time working out how I would be able to afford it as i work full time at the minute and are paying bills living on my own etc, have also considered apprenticeships but the money just isn't enough, hope someone can shed some light or give me any suggestions xx

I'm not sure there are many if any apprenticeships for complementary therapies, and if the money isn't enough anyway its not really a viable option to contemplate. Look around for a decent private training provider, as you may be able to use Holiday to complete the course as they are more intensive, or a college / private trainer that operates weekend classes. The only other option is online courses, the decent ones will incorporate some practical hands on training not just home learning x

The bad news is that a 24 plus loan isn't available for level 2 courses.

The good news is that some colleges will offer entry straight onto level 3 courses without the level 2 in beauty if it's literally just complementary therapies you want to go into. My point being that you can get a 24 plus loan for a level 3 course.

Definitely look around for a level 3 course that will take you such as nvq beauty therapy massage route, level 3 diploma in complementary therapies or even just separate level 3 courses in massage, hot stones, aromatherapy, Indian head massage, reflexology etc.

I wouldn't recommend distance learning for what you seek to achieve. I think you might be near a white rose beauty college in hull so I would recommend giving them a call.

Latest posts

Back