Training hand - Salonserve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayles

Reaction score
Hiya

Im currently in the process of saving up for a nail trainer but as they are quite expensive i bought a training hand from salonserve to put me on untill ive saved up enough money.

I am having problems getting the nail tips to stay put as they just slip out. Ive tryed securing them with blue tac however it still doesnt seam to hold it enough.

Has anyone else previously bought anything like this before? Also would it be possible to use some sort of glue or would this ruin the hand?

Thanks x

I know its nothing to do with the hand you have just bought but I used a plnak of wood (a hardback book would be just as good) and I bluetacked the tips on. It worked a charm - and its cheaper!

tessa

Hiya

Im currently in the process of saving up for a nail trainer but as they are quite expensive i bought a training hand from salonserve to put me on untill ive saved up enough money.

I am having problems getting the nail tips to stay put as they just slip out. Ive tryed securing them with blue tac however it still doesnt seam to hold it enough.

Has anyone else previously bought anything like this before? Also would it be possible to use some sort of glue or would this ruin the hand?

Thanks x

i had the same prob with one i bought - i used double sided sticky tape!

worked a treat!

hth

Jodie x

Hi

This may sound crazy but i was told by a friend of mine to fill a rubber glove with flour and you can still use adhesive for the tips on the ends of the glove - i use a lot for my calgel training and you can still cure in the lamp as normal - fab and cheap method too.

hth this helps.

Linda

Hi

This may sound crazy but i was told by a friend of mine to fill a rubber glove with flour and you can still use adhesive for the tips on the ends of the glove - i use a lot for my calgel training and you can still cure in the lamp as normal - fab and cheap method too.

hth this helps.

Linda

blimey that is using your brain! i would never have thought of that - however im a bit confused to how you apply a gel without a fake nail bed! - please let me know i am really intrigued!

Jodie x x

Thanks for your advice ladies, I search high and low for some double sided tape but couldnt find any at all in our house. I ended up using nail tip adhesive, it actually worked quite well. It stuck just enough to allow me to file and when i had finished the nail tip also came off quite easily.

Although i proberly wouldnt use the glue on a long term basis as after a while the hand would proberly become very tacky and messy but at least it saved my fustration for tonight :) x

Hi Jodie

When i use the glove I glue on a nail tip and blend as normal then go ahead with my gel application as normal. Its fab as i was a bit dubious at first myself but hey it worked and I need to get back into training again as I really need to get my confidence back and get some customers.

I just bought cheapish rubber gloves and flour and just completely filled it all up and then tied with elastic bands at the top to stop the flour coming out.

Hope this helps.

Linda

Hi Jodie

When i use the glove I glue on a nail tip and blend as normal then go ahead with my gel application as normal. Its fab as i was a bit dubious at first myself but hey it worked and I need to get back into training again as I really need to get my confidence back and get some customers.

I just bought cheapish rubber gloves and flour and just completely filled it all up and then tied with elastic bands at the top to stop the flour coming out.

Hope this helps.

Linda

Hi hun,

thanks for getting back to me! i love finding out what other people do to practise and become better nail technicians! - i have learned soooo much from this website!

Jodie x x

Hiya,
Wow what a fab idea good thinking but was wondering does acrylic work with the gloves and flour also.. This site is fab im new to this but have found alot of useful tips and its great.. x

Hi tips N toes

I am not sure about acrylics as I dont use them - i am only calgel trained and use them for practising my gel. I only passed in sept so need to practice practice till i am happy with them.

You can only try and see how you get on.

I dont know whether to go and do the l and p course as it seems to be more widely used then gel.

Let me know how you get on with trying with acrylics.

Linda

Hi
yes you can use it with l&p. I use a rubber glove filled with rice, then glue a full nail tip to the fingers to create a nail bed, then glue extension tips to this as if it was a real hand etc. Obviously not as good as a real thing, but still gives you chance to practice your application.

I have just tried a new method advised by a friend. :idea:Simply roll some blue-tak into finger shapes and press full false nail into the end. This gives the eponychium (spelt wrong) shape around the nail and allows you to practice your acrylic application. I found this useful, why not give it a go.

been reading this thread with interest. are the false nail tips just ordinary tips?

I know its nothing to do with the hand you have just bought but I used a plnak of wood (a hardback book would be just as good) and I bluetacked the tips on. It worked a charm - and its cheaper

A blond question....what tips do you use?? are they proper finger nail beds from e.n.

Last edited:
I have just tried a new method advised by a friend. :idea:Simply roll some blue-tak into finger shapes and press full false nail into the end. This gives the eponychium (spelt wrong) shape around the nail and allows you to practice your acrylic application. I found this useful, why not give it a go.

This is the easiest and most realistic (not to mention the cheapest) option of all.

Push the nail tip (Any type) into and onto the blutac and it will create a realistic-looking nail surrounded by 'skin' and it will cost you 50pence for a packet of Blutac which will make 4 fingers.

It helps with filing technique as if you touch the 'skin' while working it will show and you will know how to avoid doing it.

what tips do you use?? are they proper finger nail beds from e.n.

just thought nail tips wouldnt really work re filing etc,i have some
starnails finepoint tips, would they work, or perhaps expensive?
sorry i am being a bit thick

Latest posts

Back