Training help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.mrsm

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just joined as I'm hoping some of you professionals may be able to point me in the right direction. I recently qualified in a vctc level 2 certificate in nail treatments (mani/pedi/nail art) and I also did a gel polish application one day course on the side. I really want to add in acrylic nails, I love nail art and gel polish. I've been looking at loads of YouTube videos and my mind is buzzing with ideas of what I could do, but there is soooo much, my questions are:

As I'm already qualified in mani/pedi what would be the best acrylics course to do (I know nothing about them or what's 'in').

As I'm brand new to the industry what would be the best add on courses or best things to focus on for a start up business. I'm bamboozled by the amount you could train in, it's endless and I don't know where to start but I want to make sure I do the right accredited courses that actually hold some weight and I don't want to waste money on anything that might be a waste of time.

Sorry for the long post!

TIA

This site is your best resource, there are literally thousands of posts asking the same question....have a read through, use the search function and read, read, read.

I think I've replied to 2 threads about training in the last week alone so if you scroll back through a couple of weeks threads you'll find some good suggestions

Thanks very much, il have a look at those. I take it I've done the right thing doing the vctc level 2 in mani/pedi to start?

Thanks very much, il have a look at those. I take it I've done the right thing doing the vctc level 2 in mani/pedi to start?

This is definitely the best course to start with because the qualification is widely recognised and covers a lot of vital skills and knowledge.

Thanks, so the college I did my vctc at does a level 2 vctc in nail technology so covering the systems I want to do. It's £700 and il get another qualification out of it, a it worth the money or am I ok to just do a short add on course?

I did all my qualifications through college and then went on to choose a brand and converted to their products and do their conversion courses. I got my level 2 & 3 free of charge at college due to being classed as low income at the time but I personally would of gone direct to CND at the time if I had the money but that's me personally! X

It's definitely worth doing vtct qualifications at college and then doing the product training afterwards. This gets you a nationally recognised qualification and ensures that what you learn is universally relevant rather than just product specific.

Ok thanks for your help, I think il do the nail technology VCTC and I want to use CND products like shellac so il do their add on courses. Thankfully I have the money to do it all just don't want to waste any of it on anything I don't need/not worth it x

Latest posts

Back