Training in the UK???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc in canada

Reaction score
I have a family member in England who is wanting to get into the nail industry. And I was wondering if it is better to train with a company like NSI or to go to collage?? I know here where I am I would recommend that she train with the distributor over a school since she would get a better training however in the UK I'm not sure.....any advise would be great!

I have a family member in England who is wanting to get into the nail industry. And I was wondering if it is better to train with a company like NSI or to go to collage?? I know here where I am I would recommend that she train with the distributor over a school since she would get a better training however in the UK I'm not sure.....any advise would be great!

I would agree with you that, provided the company training is reputable such as Creative training, that it is better training than college training.

Creative has the most widely known reputation in the UK for turning out the best technicians with the highest standards of natural nail care while performing enhancement services. Also the easiest to maintain products that do not require heavy filing so nail damage is unnecessary.

The UK Creative distributors are well known. Sweet Squared Ltd. 08452106060 or email [email protected] for training information and an education folio.

Okay I have another couple of questions about training over in the UK.

If she takes her training through NSI is that all the training that is needed in order to get insurance and be a qualified nail technician? (not saying that she should do continued education, just need to know if this is what is needed for certification and insurance)

I have read different post on here about people taking (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology) levels 1,2, or 3 in beauty. Is this different than just learning nails?

Also she has looked into a class at her local collage is it normal for kits to be purchased at an "extra cost"? Should the kit not be included as part of the class?

Sorry about the questions I would just like to see her start off on the right foot and get great training right from the get go.

Okay I have another couple of questions about training over in the UK.

If she takes her training through NSI is that all the training that is needed in order to get insurance and be a qualified nail technician? (not saying that she should do continued education, just need to know if this is what is needed for certification and insurance)

I have read different post on here about people taking (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology) levels 1,2, or 3 in beauty. Is this different than just learning nails?

Also she has looked into a class at her local collage is it normal for kits to be purchased at an "extra cost"? Should the kit not be included as part of the class?

Sorry about the questions I would just like to see her start off on the right foot and get great training right from the get go.

Question 1 ... after finishing a foundation class with NSI or Creative she will be able to get insurance. She will be qualified and insured to practise. She will most likely not be fully competent.

Question 2 ... This is what colleges offer which is a minimum qualification. IOW the minimum a student needs to know to get insured and to practise. It is not necessarily a better qualification but in some cases it can be, depending on the teacher or the comapny training.

Question 3 ... Creative classes INCLUDE a professional kit in the cost of the training .... Most other companies charge extra for the products and colleges definitely do.

If you want to get it "Right from the Start" then that is the Creative slogan :lol: RIGHT from the start.

Latest posts

Back