Training & Needing Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettywoman2008

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, as this site has been so useful so far. I am doing my training in gel nails just now and have been getting on fine with my nail trainer, but i did my sisters nails for the first time the other day and she was complaining that when i was blending the tip i was scraping away her natural nail, i know it will come with lots more practice but am really worried i am going to do this to people even when i have finished my course. I really don't want this to put me off as i really love doing nails and beauty and have lots more courses booked, even start my HND in beauty at college next week. Is there any tips that anyone can give me to make sure i don't hurt the natural nail?? or is it just a case of practice makes perfect!? Thankyou.

I used to worry about this too - then I discovered well-less tips which need no blending whatsoever - much better in my opinion!!!

Hiya fellow Scot!!! Welcome to the site. :hug:

Just a little tip, if you fill your profile in with alot more info, you'll probably get loads more responses!! lol.

So....in answer to your question, blending correctly has a lot to do with file control, there is a fantatstic tutorial on it, in the tutorials section, in the navigation menu. Oh and yes, lots of practice.

If you are having problems, take the opportunity to ask your trainer while your are still on your course, there are loads of things I wish I'd asked looking back.:eek:

Hope this helps x

Thanks very much :D I will have a look at that tutorial now. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back