Training question from Beauty Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita_xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a qualified beauty therapist but Ive always been interested in hairdressing and now ive some time I would love to do level 2 hairdressing but the only place I can find that does training is college. Does any1 know anywhere else (in northern ireland) where you can do training as the only courses I can find dont start untill sep next yr!

Thanks hunnies :) xoxox

I'm not from Northern Ireland I'm afraid, so can't help you with actual places to look.

I know there are private educational places that have hairdressing courses, but couldn't comment on them I'm afraid. I think as with any training there are pro's and con's and I'm sure some experience Geeks will let you know about training providers v colleges.

I've gone back as a mature p/t evening student for my NVQ2 this year, and did a VRQ2 last year. It's hard going being part-time but it'll be a new adventure when I qualify next year :)

What I'd suggest, is, if you can go into a salon one day a week if you can, to see if you actually do really like hairdressing, and you'll gain tonnes of experience and when colleges start filling places in March, April next year, you'll be at the top of the list.

Good luck finding somewhere.

Latest posts

Back