Training to be a mobile spray tanner-Sienna X vs Nouvatan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca2101

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I am looking to become a mobile spray tanner (aswell as working my normal employed job).

I have narrowed it down to 2 brands... Nouvatan and Sienna X - they both seem really good - Nouvatan cheaper kit to buy so bigger profit but ive read that Sienna X has better training??

Who would you go with??

Also.. is it very difficult to set up your own small business?? - how long after im trained should I have my business up and running??

Any help would be great..

Becca x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've heard nothing but good things about nouvatan on here

I had my spray tan training done with nouvatan yesterday & LOVED IT!

I had the founder of nouvatan come & did my training & she was fab. Informative, helpful, FULL of knowledge, friendly & VERY patient.

I also had a spray tan done & the colour left after the guide wash off is lovely. Natural & no nasty odour.

I did ALOT of research before I went & book any training to ensure I was going with the 'right' company for me.

Good luck

I trained with Sienna X last year and really enjoyed the course. I thought I would forget everything once I left but I bought the kit and had it ready for when I got home, practiced the rest of the week on about 6 different people and was confident enough to start making some money. I don't use Sienna X solution anymore but as far as the training and support after it was really good. I'm sure whether you pick Sienna or Nouvatan you'll be fine . Good LUCK

Nouvatan is fab. I'm a trainer and have used most other tan brands and it's the best most natural colour in my opinion.

Hey everyone

Thank you so much for your advice.

It seems both are good.. so hopefully that shows i done my research and picked two great companies?? :)

Its such a hard choice but as a post said it does actually seem that either one and i will be fine.

I think I will go for nouvatan! .. unless someone says any different on here...

Do I just purchase the kit and training online and they get in touch to book me in?

I filled out the interest form yesterday but havent heard anything back yet.

Xxx

I am also deciding between Sienna and nouvatan. I enquired too and Dawn from Nouvatan called me and emailed me with dates and prices. They have already been so helpful so I am definitely going with nouvatan.

I am doing a nail course at the moment so once I am qualified and have the funds for tanning I'm getting to it!

Hope this helps in your decision too xxx

Nouvatan is fab. I'm a trainer and have used most other tan brands and it's the best most natural colour in my opinion.

You won't be disappointed hun. If you purchase kit & training together the cost of training is reduced 😉

Pop over to fb & send them a pm on there. They are super busy but I'm sure someone will get back to you ASAP. Good luck & happy tanning. 😀

I'm following this an intrested to hear if anyone uses xen-tan.?? <3

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey

Sounds great!

Once you had completed the training I assume you got a certificate?

Im so excited I wanted to set up my mobile business asap. Got friends lined up to practice on haha!

Hey

Sounds great!

Once you had completed the training I assume you got a certificate?

Im so excited I wanted to set up my mobile business asap. Got friends lined up to practice on haha!

Sorry that was to BBD ...

Sorry that was to BBD ...

Hi becca, yes you will receive your certificate on the day. You will obviously perform a spray tan (which is lots of fun) lol

I can honestly say I did a lot of research & could not find a single 'bad' comment about nouvatan hence why I went with them. There is a thread in here called 'show us your tan' which I spent a long time reading trying to gage which was the most popular & I found those that use nouvatan LOVE it & those that don't are considering changing! Says it all really ha?

I'm desperate to start &#128512; but can't get my name right.. &#128545; but once I do I will be tanning from home in my own garage home salon so can understand the excitement.

Good luck becca whatever you decide x

Hi becca, yes you will receive your certificate on the day. You will obviously perform a spray tan (which is lots of fun) lol

I can honestly say I did a lot of research & could not find a single 'bad' comment about nouvatan hence why I went with them. There is a thread in here called 'show us your tan' which I spent a long time reading trying to gage which was the most popular & I found those that use nouvatan LOVE it & those that don't are considering changing! Says it all really ha?

I'm desperate to start &#128512; but can't get my name right.. &#128545; but once I do I will be tanning from home in my own garage home salon so can understand the excitement.

Good luck becca whatever you decide x

Thanks BBD!!!

I have emailed them to train asap and purchased the kit with training online the click and tan kit.

I didnt add the extra gun and wish I did now. Do you think I will need it asap? Or will I be okay with one for now?

Im so glad ive found someone whos trained with them so recently!

Do I need a friend to come to tan on?

I honestly cant wait.. I think I will start to think of names and look at HMRC to see what needs to be done so I can start ASAP.

My friends are excited... I wonder why!! Hahaa

I will take a look at that thread now.

I work in an office at the moment and its sooo quiet so all Ive been doing is looking into all of this!!

Exiciting.. I hope you come up with the right name soon :):) so you can get started!! Im sure you'll do great.

Thanks BBD!!!

I have emailed them to train asap and purchased the kit with training online the click and tan kit.

I didnt add the extra gun and wish I did now. Do you think I will need it asap? Or will I be okay with one for now?

Im so glad ive found someone whos trained with them so recently!

Do I need a friend to come to tan on?

I honestly cant wait.. I think I will start to think of names and look at HMRC to see what needs to be done so I can start ASAP.

My friends are excited... I wonder why!! Hahaa

I will take a look at that thread now.

I work in an office at the moment and its sooo quiet so all Ive been doing is looking into all of this!!

Exiciting.. I hope you come up with the right name soon :):) so you can get started!! Im sure you'll do great.

Thank you hun &#128512;

I also ordered the click & tan kit & I too did not order the extra gun. Tbh unless you expect to be super busy with very varied skin tones I think it will be fine with just the one gun. Just make sure to only fill gun with enough solution for one person at a time that way if you do need to change to a lower solution strength you shouldn't have loads of wastage (that's how I will do it)

I did have a model but the other 2 girls dos not! So we used 'my' model to watch the trainer perform a tan & then practiced our tanning on one another! (I'm 35 & a size 14, the other two girls were 21 & size 8) so I wasn't exactly thrilled at stripping lol but for the purpose of learning I just went for it.

Definitely good to start thinking of a name as it is surprising how hard it is to think of something that someone else hasn't got. &#128532; I've been mulling over ideas since January. Lol

Xx

This thread is so informative, I now can't wait to also book onto Nouvatan course! I will be mobile and do this alongside my current job in evenings/weekends.

Does anyone know what I need to do with hmrc to be legal and doing this? I won't be very busy so have no idea how much I will earn from it as it won't be my main job either xx

This thread is so informative, I now can't wait to also book onto Nouvatan course! I will be mobile and do this alongside my current job in evenings/weekends.

Does anyone know what I need to do with hmrc to be legal and doing this? I won't be very busy so have no idea how much I will earn from it as it won't be my main job either xx

Im in the exact same boat.. I already have a job too .. only problem is I work some Saturdays and some Friday evenings .. well every other week so I assume I will miss lots of business due to that!

I rang HMRC and they said they have a link to follow on their site to explain things so I checked it out ... ' http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses/syob2/syob2/HTML/syob2_menu.html '

This helped lots... but as soon as Im qualified I wanted to start up in time for summer etc so I called them and said what happens when I start up do I use the name I want to use? They said yes then theyll write if its taken... so Im unsure what happens there... I assume Id have to wait to create my website etc otherwise it would all be a waste of time marketing with a name that may be in use???

Thank you hun &#128512;

I also ordered the click & tan kit & I too did not order the extra gun. Tbh unless you expect to be super busy with very varied skin tones I think it will be fine with just the one gun. Just make sure to only fill gun with enough solution for one person at a time that way if you do need to change to a lower solution strength you shouldn't have loads of wastage (that's how I will do it)

I did have a model but the other 2 girls dos not! So we used 'my' model to watch the trainer perform a tan & then practiced our tanning on one another! (I'm 35 & a size 14, the other two girls were 21 & size 8) so I wasn't exactly thrilled at stripping lol but for the purpose of learning I just went for it.

Definitely good to start thinking of a name as it is surprising how hard it is to think of something that someone else hasn't got. &#128532; I've been mulling over ideas since January. Lol

Xx

Awwww noo... well i am a size 16 and had a baby 7 months ago so the tummy isnt exactly gorgeous to look at :| im not sure how confident i would be doing that.

Uh oh...

Do keep me informed on your business progression!!! Exciting times! :):):):mad:

Awwww noo... well i am a size 16 and had a baby 7 months ago so the tummy isnt exactly gorgeous to look at :| im not sure how confident i would be doing that.

Uh oh...

Do keep me informed on your business progression!!! Exciting times! :):):):mad:

I didnt mean that angry face haha.. it meant to be another smiley but clicked the wrong one!!

Im in the exact same boat.. I already have a job too .. only problem is I work some Saturdays and some Friday evenings .. well every other week so I assume I will miss lots of business due to that!

I rang HMRC and they said they have a link to follow on their site to explain things so I checked it out ... ' http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses/syob2/syob2/HTML/syob2_menu.html '

This helped lots... but as soon as Im qualified I wanted to start up in time for summer etc so I called them and said what happens when I start up do I use the name I want to use? They said yes then theyll write if its taken... so Im unsure what happens there... I assume Id have to wait to create my website etc otherwise it would all be a waste of time marketing with a name that may be in use???

Ah thank you so much I will definitely have a look into that link. I already do eyelash extensions but only do my mum mainly! And a couple of friends. But adding more services is going to make me busier and more noticeable hopefully so want to go around it all the right way! Xx

Ah thank you so much I will definitely have a look into that link. I already do eyelash extensions but only do my mum mainly! And a couple of friends. But adding more services is going to make me busier and more noticeable hopefully so want to go around it all the right way! Xx

Oh im doing it the other way round haha... im doing mobile spray tanning then going to train in gel nails, eyebrows, waxing etc...

So im thinking do I need an all round name for the time being?? Or go for a tanning name... then when i eventually extended add to the name..

Ie ... spray tan mobile.... then spray tan and beauty mobile...

Not exactly that obviously hahaa... but i dont know how it works!!!!

Confused

Latest posts

Back