Transitioning a black box dye client lighter hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niamhie

Reaction score
So I've a client that I would say 30% grey who used box dye black. I've been trying to transition to lighter hair.last time did a full head of highlights and kept the box dye colour between highlights just matched the roots up to it .so she wants to go lighter now again , I say highlights are now a level six as I toned them down to a caramel so the blonde black colour would not be too gaudy. So I was thinking instead of a full head of highlights again to finally get rid of the box colour could you take slices in packets and do a root drag say a level 8 on the Grey. Any opinions. How would the pattern of old weaving blend new lightened black pieces.

What you can do is maybe chnage your foiling pattern, so that you're almost guaranteed to pick up the un highlighted hair. That way it doesn't matter if you weave of slice. You could put a root tint on inbetween if you wanted to. Or do a root blend afterwards when you tone the highlights.

Latest posts

Back