Transitioning from mobile to home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerksStylist

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So looking to convert my garage and home salon it after my mat leave ending and expanding my services to offer more. How do you transition for your new non mobile status - do you find people still come back to you? I am aiming to do it a clean break so it's new clients who know the score but worse case scenario i start back mobile and then go salon based after.

Any handy tips for setting up at home? Will be in a separate room with good sound proofing as I have little ones. :)

bumping as I'm interested in this too

I started off mobile and felt it wasn't for me as most of my clients are colours so hated not having a chair the correct height and a trolley to put my colours on. So I started doing their hair at my home and everyone seemed happy to do so. I just asked if they'd mind coming to mine as it's easier for me to apply their colour. I still do one or two clients mobile but they're just trims. I'm also in the middle of extending for a home salon. Can't wait!

I have set up at home. I have converted my garage in to a salon. I have a styling station, backwash, Waiting chair & a area to mix colours etc. I worked in a salon but left once my mat leave came to a end. I went mobile for a for months. Then set up at home. I'm so glad I did it. Wish I had done it sooner.....My existing clients love it as they still feel like they are having a professional service but more personal. I still go to clients now & again if they can't get to me.

Can't wait to see pics, and if I'm being a bit cheeky the approx cost of converting xx

Can't wait to see pics, and if I'm being a bit cheeky the approx cost of converting xx

I'm not sure how much mine will cost I hoping to do it for £7000 ish. We will see. I'll let you know when we're finished and post some pics.

Latest posts

Back