Translate Matrix colour to Wella please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benandrewsao

Reaction score
Hello, I have a client who use to have matrix on her hair and in my salon we do wella, could someone please let me know what colour it translates to. the old hairdresser wrote down

roots 3/4 509N + 1/4 508N + 6%

LOWLITES W8 with sync developer.

thanks! x she's in later today so fast reply's would be amazing!

The 508 and 509 n are a natural base but for covering stubborn white hair (permanent), the sync 8w is a semi thats 'warm' so like a golden/copper tone. If that helps x

99/0 + 88/0 would be the ones to use with 6%, and an 8/3 or 8/34 depending on how warm you want it for the L/L. Colour Touch is wellas quasi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for much guys! Huge help!

Just match it up on the wella chart,

Every brand had differences in depth and tone.

Imagine that client didn't have that card.

In my opinion you could possibly come up with a better result starting from scratch rather than trying to match.

I get a few travelling colour clients come In for touch ups but I have found when their hairdresser writes down what they usually have done its never right ? For example I had a lady come in for a root touch up and the colour she had from her hairdresser was 507n (level 7 grey coverage matrix) but her hair was a golden level 9? And was only done 3 weeks ago. ?? Think sometimes they are out to sabotage me ;) I always make up my own mix and they always love it x

Latest posts

Back