Translucent whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
These nails belong to a 40 year old nonsmoker who has been having bio sculpture on her nails for about 6 years. It's not a brilliant photo but she could never have a clear overlay because her whites are quite yellowy. What can I suggest to help her - she'd love naturally white whites. Her nails would not stay that length without overlays as they are quite thin. She uses bio sculpture oil daily, is obsessive about wearing gloves - wears disposables for chopping some foods even (I do too but only for chillies!)

If anyone has any ideas they could share we'd be grateful...

Thanks

PS. She doesn't do her own cleaning and hates gardening....hope someone can help...

Attachments

• translucent whites.jpg
    translucent whites.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Not everyone has white free edges. Mine certainly aren't and I only know a few that do.

I would be interested so see if there is a product that would naturally whiten the free edges. :)

they are about the same colour as mine.

the thing thats amazed me is how long her nail beds are, her free edge starts from the end of her finger... ok so this may sound like such a thick thing to say but as a horrific nail biter and newly started my course and this week we have been learning the nail structure and its ought about my coming to terms with my own neglect its also made me actually look at others nails LOL.
my smile line is so far from my finger tip.. i have 2mm of free edge but its still 3mm from the finger tip.. useless info but i felt like sharing ;)

Presuming that nail varies in shade in the same way that tooth enamel naturally varies.

These are the same colour as my free edges and most of my clients. Some people do not have naturally white free edges-they are few and far between to be honest. You can use products to 'try' and whiten the free edge-pens, soaks etc, but they are not permanent im afraid.
x

Latest posts

Back