Transporting things when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've been working from home but I have decided to give it up and go mobile. At the minute I only do nails and spray tans but I have a few courses booked for next year (Billion dollar brows, waxing, eyelash extensions, facials). So what is really bugging me is how the hell am I going to carry everything around with me? I've just bought a glamour session bag from Roo Beauty so i'm hoping i can fit all my nail stuff in there so i've only got one bag but what about everything else? Does everyone have a seperate bag/box for each different treatment? What does everyone keep there spray tan equipment in? Thanks in advance xx

Yep! Ive been mobile for 3yrs now. I have a bag for everything!
My nail stuff (what i have most of) i use a good quality trolly bag.
They have some ones debenhams online at the min £132 reduced to only about £35!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use a lot of of storage boxes for some stuff. And carry case or bags for other stuff

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I use a Roo Glamour bag for Shellac bits and bobs,stamping plates etc. Then a separate bag for Vinylux and glitters.
Then i have my spray tan tent in a carry bag and my machine and solutions in a plastic stacking crate.
I rarely do waxing now but have all my waxing kit in another stacking crate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I honestly believe that you HAVE to have different bags, boxes, case etc for each treatment you offer.

You need to know at a glance which bag, box & case has what treatment in it so you can grab it & go. Your not going to want to carry everything all the time, you will want to have just what you need for the treatment that has been booked.

Some days you will need more than one kit in the car, other days you'll just need one kit. Things like waxing mean taking a big enough kit without taking all your tanning stuff with you too & it would be pointless as you can't offer these 2 treatments at the same time anyway. If the kits are packed separately then you just take what you need to each client and save breaking your back lugging everything about all the time.

I'd also recommend that you ensure every kit has ALL you need in it. DON'T be tempted to take anything from 1 kit to another kit, just buy extras. If you try swapping items about you WILL forget something vital and make your life hard, it just isn't worth the stress that you will feel when you realise you've forgotten something because you took it out for another kit the other day.

I honestly believe that you HAVE to have different bags, boxes, case etc for each treatment you offer.

You need to know at a glance which bag, box & case has what treatment in it so you can grab it & go. Your not going to want to carry everything all the time, you will want to have just what you need for the treatment that has been booked.

Some days you will need more than one kit in the car, other days you'll just need one kit. Things like waxing mean taking a big enough kit without taking all your tanning stuff with you too & it would be pointless as you can't offer these 2 treatments at the same time anyway. If the kits are packed separately then you just take what you need to each client and save breaking your back lugging everything about all the time.

I'd also recommend that you ensure every kit has ALL you need in it. DON'T be tempted to take anything from 1 kit to another kit, just buy extras. If you try swapping items about you WILL forget something vital and make your life hard, it just isn't worth the stress that you will feel when you realise you've forgotten something because you took it out for another kit the other day.

When you say bags and boxes, what sort? I know that sounds daft but I mean do you use normal plastic storage boxes or special beauty boxes?

I use whatever bag, box or case I think is best for the kit it needs to hold.

My spray tan kit is in a big wheeled holdall (not that I use the wheels).
My tinting kit is in a very small cute metal beauty case.
My Minx kit (including heat lamp) is in a hard walled vanity case.
My eyebrow waxing kit is in another hard walled vanity case (different colour & pattern to the Minx kit).
My Hollywood/Brazilian waxing kit is my butlers table, a big plastic flip lid box & one of my logo'd tote bags with my bin, couch roll & extension lead in.
My UV lamp has it's own bag because I can then grab that to do either crystal toes (the Minx hard walled vanity case) or my metal fold out beauty case for nails.

You need to get everything for each kit together and then decide what size bag, box or case you need, then decide if you already have something that will do the job or go out and look for something that will work for you. Remember that when your mobile you have to carry it about so you don't want it to be too heavy or too bulky to carry up steps or flights of stairs (you never know where your going to end up working after all). You also need it to be able to hold the weight of whatever you put in it so don't always go for the cheapest option & remember you may need to carry more than one bag, box or case at a time to hold 1 kit so ensure you can still open & close the car door, knock the clients door etc... when loaded up with your kit.

I have to do 2 trips from my car to the house & back again whenever I do a Hollywood or Brazilian booking because I can carry all my waxing kit at once but I can't manage the beauty bed too.

Don't get too worked up about having matching bags, boxes or cases, it's far more important to make sure that each kit is in a workable container because your clients don't care if your tanning bag matches your tinting case, they care that you turn up on time & do the treatment well. You will probably be one of very few people who will actually see all your kits together, you won't find yourself taking many kits to the same client at the same time so having them match really isn't that big a deal.

This is my Minx kit

Vanitybox.jpg
vanitybox4.jpg

vanitybox2.jpg

vanitybox1.jpg

This kit also fits in the top of that kit when doing crystal toes>

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

Then I grab my lamp bag so I am carrying just 1 vanity case and a tote bag with my lamp & extension lead in.

Make sure you pack your stuff in the best way you can and you'll be amazed at how much you can get into small vanity case.

:Love:

This is my Minx kit

Vanitybox.jpg
vanitybox4.jpg

vanitybox2.jpg

vanitybox1.jpg

This kit also fits in the top of that kit when doing crystal toes>

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

Then I grab my lamp bag so I am carrying just 1 vanity case and a tote bag with my lamp & extension lead in.

Make sure you pack your stuff in the best way you can and you'll be amazed at how much you can get into small vanity case.

:Love:

Thank you so much that's really helpful :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found that helpful too. thanks :)

Loving the tips x

You can get big bags made for the spray tanning equipment, these are normally connected along with the brand you brought it from x

Latest posts

Back