Transporting wax heater in the car

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaime1377

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
May be a strange question, but how do all you mobile therapists transport your wax heaters. I have spilt my wax in my car 3 times in the last month :(. Has anyone got any fab ideas? Thank you x

What wax heater do you use?? I use hive which has a lid so nothing escapes. I usually put it the passenger foot well so I can keeps eyes on it at all times. Xx

I used to do this all the time too so I switched to phD! Obviously as its in tubes I've not had any spillages since! X

I've been using the salon system as quite compact. But lid is very unsafe. I have just purchased a hive heater. So hoping that it will be better:)

I use roller wax and transport the machine in a plastic storage box...no spillages yet!

can I ask, if the wax takes a while to heat up, what do you do at the clients house whilst you wait? Do you not have ages to wait for it to get to the correct temperature? You can tell I've not had to do it yet! can't you!

I used to have hive in a bag and it kept tipping over. I've now got salon system digital and have it in a plastic box so it can't fall :)

I used to strap mine in, in a box on the back seat with the seat belt.

Pre heat the wax at home before you leave :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you tried putting clingfilm over the wax pot? This usually stops any spillages.

I use the perron rigot tins inside my hive digital heater. They have their own lids and then the heater lid too :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

can I ask, if the wax takes a while to heat up, what do you do at the clients house whilst you wait? Do you not have ages to wait for it to get to the correct temperature? You can tell I've not had to do it yet! can't you!

If your using a pot it doesn't take long for the edges to heat up. As I use phD it does take longer. I always try and heat the wax before I go, but if I can't I take the wax in first and plug it in straight away. Then I take my time going back to the car to get my plinth, towels, etc and get set up. If the client offers me a drink I normally take it too just to give the wax another few minutes. You can then start by giving the client a few minutes to get ready and then prep all of the areas that have to be waxed.
Hope that helps!

I have all my wax equiptment in a plastic box on my front seat & i put the seatbelt around it. Makes it easy to take in to a clients house too. I also pre heat my wax at home. Xx

I use Perron Rigot waxes which come in beads. This allows you to heat up only what you need. You do have to watch the temperature though as less can get hotter quicker. I don't transport warmed wax, too risky. I prefer to have it all compactly stored in my mobile case. Already have enough to carry in to clients home, separately!

I use a hive wax pot and I put it in its box and then put it on the front seat and put the seat belt round it! Seems to work! Xx

I use Perron Rigot waxes and find the tins & their lids fabulous, I heat the wax before I leave the house & pop the lids on then wedge my 2 heaters in my big plastic box with all the other bits n bobs needed for waxing (extension lead, spats, strips, jasmin oil, blue lotion, cooling gel etc...) so the pots can't move.

Latest posts

Back