Traumatic waxing experience as therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karis_13

Reaction score
Hiya, I trained in Intimate Female Waxing at the start of the year and have been practicing on friends and family and all has been going well. Yesterday I had my first 3 clients for a Brazilian wax, the first went fine (her hair was finer than the other two) but on the second the wax stuck at the labia and the same happened again on the third. I wouldn't have said the hair was too long and I made sure to push the wax through the hair. It's Perron Rigot Euroblonde I'm using. I also struggle with how to stretch the labia, I get the client to bend her leg out and I stretch from underneath but it doesn't seem enough. I feel like giving up already I feel awful

Thankyou anyone that takes time to help!
Karis X

Do you think you possibly could have waxed over a crease, causing a little sort of bridge of wax. This has happened to me and makes it impossible to remove. I now apply really pulling the skin up, then pulling it down from underneath. If I don't seem to have enough wax I will stop and get more. It is far worse if there is a lot of hair and when it's their first one.
Don't know if that has helped but keep the faith.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Vicki, I think that could have been it. It was just one part the wax hadn't attached to the base of the hair so that makes sense. I'll try your advice next time! The woman was so good about it, I think I'd have cried otherwise! Thanks so much for your reply

Karis X

I sometimes sort of poke the spatuala upwards, so apply the wax in a downward movement, then if there's a little creasy bit, I poke it up into it - wish I could show you!
I usually find it is a lot worse if my wax is getting a bit thin, and I'm spreading it too far. Much better to stop and get more!
V x

Latest posts

Back