Trendy Nail Wraps.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has used these? They are a similar product to Minx but half the price to purchase and are now being sold by Capital Hair and Beauty......

They apparantely dont need to be heated by infra red and so the assistant said in the shop can be heated by a normal bulb or hairdryer and they also do a type for natural nails and a different shaped one for enhanced nails.....

any opinions??
Thanks Loads:)

Hi hun. If you do a search you will find plenty of info.

When buying from an official minx distributor the cost of tnw is SLIGHTLY less however IMO Minx is a far superior product,not only in appearance but longevity as well.

Minx can be heated as TNW however infa red heat is recomended and the minx lamp has been designed for ease use, effectiveness and safety hth's

Thanks Loads Becki:)

Also I doubt you will be able to advertise them as "minx" as they arent minx. And if you advertise as Minx someone might call you up asking for "hippy chick" or "pink cheatah" etc as they know these designs as minx.

Also I doubt you will be able to advertise them as "minx" as they arent minx. And if you advertise as Minx someone might call you up asking for "hippy chick" or "pink cheatah" etc as they know these designs as minx.

I wasnt going to advertise them as Minx I was just wondering whether they were any good :)........I havent even purchased any was just asking peoples opinions on them I just saw them in the wholesalers yesterday so thought Id see whether they were worth buying....thanks for the reply though:)

There are lots of imitations out there but as I said in a thread earlier this week, WHY would anyone not just buy MINX? The imitations are NOT half the price (that is a complete exaggeration) PLUS what the clients KNOW and are asking for is MINX.

One Minx pack will usually do THREE SETS of toes at 25.00 a pop, who the heck cares if TNW are cheaper (if they are)?? You will get 9 times what you paid for the Minx in 3 services ... :!: That's nine more packs which you can make 27 times what you paid for one Minx packet! Jeez Louize what more could any business want that figures like that .. and that is using the genuine MINX?

There is a Trendy Wrap Lovers group, if you would like to come and say hi, ask questions, read other users opinions and see pics of some of the designs. It might help you with your decision xxxxx

Salon Geek - Trendy Wrap Lovers

There is a Trendy Wrap Lovers group, if you would like to come and say hi, ask questions, read other users opinions and see pics of some of the designs. It might help you with your decision xxxxx

Salon Geek - Trendy Wrap Lovers

Thankyou MissOwen I really appreciate your offer:) x

There are lots of imitations out there but as I said in a thread earlier this week, WHY would anyone not just buy MINX? The imitations are NOT half the price (that is a complete exaggeration) PLUS what the clients KNOW and are asking for is MINX.

One Minx pack will usually do THREE SETS of toes at 25.00 a pop, who the heck cares if TNW are cheaper (if they are)?? You will get 9 times what you paid for the Minx in 3 services ... :!: That's nine more packs which you can make 27 times what you paid for one Minx packet! Jeez Louize what more could any business want that figures like that .. and that is using the genuine MINX?

Im sorry ...I feel like Ive offended you and I really didnt intend to I was just asking a question....

With regards to the price of TNW I am only going from the price that they are advertising in the wholesalers ....I wasnt making up the price as it seems that you are insinuating that I am...I really would have no need to do that as I dont use either Minx or TNW so am not biased in any way.....

I dont want to cause controversy and I wasnt saying that TNW are better than Minx I was just asking whether anyone had used them and if so are they any good..............

A lot of my clients love the look of Minx but cannot afford £25 hence why I was asking...although you say that its not as good as Minx it may have been an alternative for them......so they could have something similar
Thats the only reason I asked Im sorry maybe I shouldnt have I didnt expect to get that reaction............:confused:

With regards to the price of TNW I am only going from the price that they are advertising in the wholesalers ....I wasnt making up the price as it seems that you are insinuating that I am...I really would have no need to do that as I dont use either Minx or TNW so am not biased in any way.....

Hi hun,i don't know if you have been in touch with Sweet Squared or one of the official Minx distributors,but the price difference is minimal and therefore would only affect the client in saving pence you are charging for you time and the professional service you offer . HTH'S

Hi hun,i don't know if you have been in touch with Sweet Squared or one of the official Minx distributors,but the price difference is minimal and therefore would only affect the client in saving pence you are charging for you time and the professional service you offer . HTH'S

Thanks Becki.......as I said I was literally just going by the price that the wholesaler was displaying them for plus the VAT.......and the fact that the assistant said unlike Minx they do not need to be heated with an infra red lamp just a hairdryer or normal lamp....so on that assumption was thinking that they would be more cost effective but I stand corrected lol...........Thankyou for your reply :) x

lol no worries hunny x

As geeg said, not much difference in price between the two - TNW's retail at about *.** and MINX for around £1 more than that, but IMO TNW are the inferior product and many clients may think 'I could do that myself' after watching you heat the TNW with a hairdryer - plus its seems anyone can purchase TNW from their website whereas to purchase MINX you need to prove you are a industry professional - so that means no clients buying them and badly applying at home x

Last edited by a moderator:
Minx done NEED to be heated with an Infrared lamp. Any heat source will do, even a hair dryer. However, the lamp IMO is a lot more professional.

I guess some just don't have either a business head (don't appreciate the huge amount of marketing and PR have ben done for Minx so that clients know it already ... the clebrities who use it etc ... all been done for you), nor do the understand the positivity of exclusivity and quality ... I couldn't imagine using anything else but the best .. if I'm working with something I'm sure not going to waste my talent and use an inferior product but I do accept that there are many who really don't care and in fact wouldn't recognise quality even if they used it .. clients too. But when running a business and not a hobby, these things positive things really count. It's not smart to buy cheap imitation unless you have that sort of business. So room for everything. :green:

Last edited:
I Have tried TNW and another minx imitation aswell as minx so that i could decide for myself,and IMHO Nothing compares to the quality, look and workability of Minx. I have never had a client ask for anything other than Minx, infact due to the durability and longevity of Minx all my clients feel that Minx is great value for Money. HTH's

I Have tried TNW and another minx imitation aswell as minx so that i could decide for myself,and IMHO Nothing compares to the quality, look and workability of Minx. I have never had a client ask for anything other than Minx, infact due to the durability and longevity of Minx all my clients feel that Minx is great value for Money. HTH's

Thanks Loads Jenski thats all I wanted to know ...peoples opinions who have had experience of using both products.........I appreciate everyones feedback....:)

Can I ask do you use the infra red lamp with the minx?
It looks like TNW are a nono then lol.......

Yes i use an infra red lamp. It looks professional and my clients love feeling the warmth on their hand and feet, can't really get that with a hairdryer lol. Minx all the way :)

Yes i use an infra red lamp. It looks professional and my clients love feeling the warmth on their hand and feet, can't really get that with a hairdryer lol. Minx all the way :)

Lol I would definately not have taken a hairdryer......maybe the lamp could be an investment anyway and I could use for massage............Thanks Sweetie....x

Latest posts

Back