Trendy nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyful87

Reaction score
Hi all, how long did it take you to get the hang of this? Does it take a few attempts? I'm finding it a bit of a pain when it comes to bevelling the ends on toes without snagging the wrap :irked:. I'm not having any problem with sizing up, it's just getting a perfectly smooth end product. Any advice would excellent :).

Weird, I just tried them out today!
I thought it was a little tricky using a regular file, so this time I'm gonna try it with my glass file. When you say that your nail isn't perfectly smooth, are you saying that it's feeling rough on the edges? I took a buffer and buffed it lightly and it felt smooth after that.

Aaah brilliant, I will try using a glass file next time. It's the actual wrap that is bumpy, I am giving it plenty of heat but can't seem to push all the little wrinkles out of it :irked:. It may just be a practise thing.

I'm having the same issues, little creases where little creases shouldn't be :irked:

I've just been given a couple of the OPI N'applique ones to try as well so i'm gonna give them both a few more attempts. So far i've tried 3 times, twice on fingers, once on toes and to no avail - maybe i'm just not cut out for applying these little blighters!

Lol, tell me about it :). I'm going to keep trying, but something that looks as though it should be easy, really isn't. Hopefully my technique improves.

I think it gets easier as you use them. You learn what you can and cant do with them!! Are you applying them over natural nails or trying to put them over enhancements??

I assume its the full coverage ones your having problems with and not the pro cut? xxxxxx

I always use a glass nail file with minx, Thats what you get told to use to finish. Im guessing it goes same for trendy wraps. x

Yes I am applying them over natural nails MissOwen, and it's the full coverage ones i'm having trouble with. Definately need more practise xxxx
Thankyou Jessica, I will try a glass nail file xxxx

Yes I am applying them over natural nails MissOwen, and it's the full coverage ones i'm having trouble with. Definately need more practise xxxx
Thankyou Jessica, I will try a glass nail file xxxx

Hmmm a glass file works on Minx but TNW are much thicker so maybe you need something stronger??

I've only had a couple of attempts at this so far, but what strength grit file would you suggest Samantha? x

I've only had a couple of attempts at this so far, but what strength grit file would you suggest Samantha? x

I have TNW in my office (actually I have all the knock-offs in my office :lol:).

When I tried TNW, I used scissors for the main bulk and then a 180 grit because the crystal file didn't work as well, but the 180 shreds the end. Sorry this isn't as helpful, but I got them to compare against Minx as they say they do the same thing. Essentially they are stickers but the adhesive and thickness is definitely different to Minx. IMHO not nearly as good but you would expect me to say that so I am probably not the best person to ask.

However, if I had nothing to do with Minx and tried them both, I would still prefer Minx as they are so much easier to apply. As I say this is my opinion which I am sure you would consider biased.

If I have helped at all - great!:hug:

i found that if you size them, heat them, then apply from the middle of the toe , spreading out to each edge by pulling gently, that works quite well to getting rid of those creases. I am a right cack handed madam and I do it this way for minx too as i get creases if i dont.... i curse my lefthandedness!!!!!

tigi
xxx

I have TNW in my office (actually I have all the knock-offs in my office :lol:).

When I tried TNW, I used scissors for the main bulk and then a 180 grit because the crystal file didn't work as well, but the 180 shreds the end. Sorry this isn't as helpful, but I got them to compare against Minx as they say they do the same thing. Essentially they are stickers but the adhesive and thickness is definitely different to Minx. IMHO not nearly as good but you would expect me to say that so I am probably not the best person to ask.

However, if I had nothing to do with Minx and tried them both, I would still prefer Minx as they are so much easier to apply. As I say this is my opinion which I am sure you would consider biased.

If I have helped at all - great!:hug:

I dont think this is biased! I havent actually tried minx yet, but have seen them on and on the sheet. Compared to TrendyWraps, they are much thinner and i think the finish on natural nails is much classier with than with Trendy Wraps.

The only reason i choose to use trendy wraps, is that i personally like the 'pro cut' version for using under l&p. I know i could cut the shape out of minx but it seems a bit hard work to me :green:

I dont often put Trendy Wraps 'get nailed' on fingers, they are ok for toes, but fingers i dont think they look as good as Minx.

(I know, bit of a weird post from someone who runs a TrendyWrap Lovers Group, but its my honest opinion!)

when i apply tnw i smooth over with my thumb pushing all the creases to the free edge and then cut, i do all 10 this way and let them settle and then file all the edges with a well worn 180 file. hth. x

Thankyou Samantha you definately have helped :), and I agree with you that a 180 grit file does shred the ends; I haven't yet tried minx but TNW are quite thick.
Thanks also to mrmarkymarc for suggesting (as Samantha also did), to remove the bulk with scissors first.
Tigi, I will try smoothing from middle to edges on my next attempt xxx

Latest posts

Back