Trichotillomania

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An excellent thread with a lot of good advice that will benefit a lot of Geeks.

Can I remind everyone though that this is a professional Forum, and as such any replies to queries should be factual and correct not supposition or guess work.
I don't understand this "I didn't like to read and run" way of posting....if you don't know the answer, you don't know it, therefore you should just read and run.
Eventually someone else with the valid knowledge and experience will come along, as they have done here.
It is better not to post at all, than post inaccurate information.

Great to see a thought provoking thread about hair extensions, rather than where to buy them cheaply ;)

I'm not sure I posted any information at all al I said was to get a Docters note which now most people are saying they do also!

Thanks all for your input, I had heard of this before but never been approached although I have suspected the odd client of maybe having this before.

I had a bit of a conversation with the lady and it appears that she has a favourite part that she picks at so potentially, she could have some fitted avoiding that specific spot.

Its interesting reading that a fair few of you have experience or suffer with this, it isnt as uncommon as i initially thought.

I still do not personally feel that I am the right person to fit for her so I think I may ask her to look for a technician that has training in hair loss etc and extensions.

Thanks all gaian.

It's contraindicated for hair extensions.
A lace cap, partial wig or full wig is fine though.

I seem to recall a sticky saying I'm not a hair geek but... Being at the top of this forum!

*shakes head sadly* or is this now a 'every one dayer can take a stab at the answer' forum?

This is BASIC hairdressing guys, pull your socks up.

Latest posts

Back