Trolley style case?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeders

Reaction score
I've currently got a Monsoon trolley case on wheels which I love. It has room for absolutely everything for both mobile and transporting my gear to the salon for my days there. The only trouble is, over the last week or so, I've noticed a slight pain in my lower right forearm and tonight I realised what's causing it. The case won't fit in my boot in an upright position so I have to push the passenger seat forward so I can squeeze the case behind it in the footwell, which is fine. Problem being, I have to lift the case up and into the car on an awkward angle only using one hand in order to keep my balance and tonight I felt something "go" in my arm where it's been painful. I could hardly drive and now it's extremely painful. The case is heavy when it's empty but completely full, it's incredibly heavy. I so don't want to get rid of it but feel I have no choice due to my injury. Please can anyone recommend something which is lighter and more manageable in and out of the car....I'm now desperate as I can't carry online this much longer.

This may sound silly, but when I did mobile I had a tall toolbox on wheels from b and q. It cost me about 30 pounds and was very sturdy but lightweight.
I hope your arm recovers soon.

Hi,
I've had exactly the same problem.
Not with a painful arm but just with the roo case been way too heavy. I'm a petite 5ft 1 and to lug the case up & down the stairs is really hard. I've nearly fallen at least 3 times & only had the case for 2 weeks.
I was thinking of getting a soft case because I'm sure they would be much lighter.
Something like this:
http://www.directsalonsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_AVEC395420
I've had a trolley from eBay before which ok so you could look there x

My case is exactly the same. Im now carrying my lamp and towels in a separate bag. Makes my box a lot lighter and spreads the load a bit.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My case is exactly the same. Im now carrying my lamp and towels in a separate bag. Makes my box a lot lighter and spreads the load a bit.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

MrsM which trolley do you have?

I've currently got a Monsoon trolley case on wheels which I love. It has room for absolutely everything for both mobile and transporting my gear to the salon for my days there. The only trouble is, over the last week or so, I've noticed a slight pain in my lower right forearm and tonight I realised what's causing it. The case won't fit in my boot in an upright position so I have to push the passenger seat forward so I can squeeze the case behind it in the footwell, which is fine. Problem being, I have to lift the case up and into the car on an awkward angle only using one hand in order to keep my balance and tonight I felt something "go" in my arm where it's been painful. I could hardly drive and now it's extremely painful. The case is heavy when it's empty but completely full, it's incredibly heavy. I so don't want to get rid of it but feel I have no choice due to my injury. Please can anyone recommend something which is lighter and more manageable in and out of the car....I'm now desperate as I can't carry online this much longer.

I have the Tanzania case & tore a muscle in my shoulder and put my back out carrying it.
They are so heavy even without anything in which is a shame as they are great for fitting everything in x

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I could cry cos I really love my trolley and I don't want to end up carrying loads of stuff looking like a bag lady!!! The soft ones look good but I know I'll miss all my compartments my trolley has, cos they look just like sports bags - do you just put everything into separate containers then put them all in the case? I don't really want to buy off eBay or Amazon purely cos I want to see and feel it before I buy otherwise I could be back in the same position. Oh what to do!!

I have actually no idea which roo box it is. It has 1large compartment and a a tray that sits over the top on it then the lid goes on top of that. It's really heavy when full. It's great for fitting everything in but I'm sick of lugging it in and out the car.

I use a hand luggage case thats expandable its about 1ft 6 in height and has a waterproof hard outer and it can be put on wheels or hand carried. it fits everything in i've tried loads in the past and have found this to be the best.

Check out b&q I have their tool box with 2 compartments the top for cutting etc the bottom for colouring and you can split them up. I put my own branding on it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395260602.746154.jpg

When I read of your arm I thought of this video by Jeni Smith. I havent tried the case myself but think it looks good. Its also from Roobeauty. Hope u feel better soon.
http://youtu.be/2pIre7in9lM

This is exactly what I'm looking for - thank you. Problem is it's not on roobeauty website!!! Do you know if Jeni Smith has a Facebook page?

I've found her page and messaged her. Thanks for all your help guys x

This is exactly what I'm looking for - thank you. Problem is it's not on roobeauty website!!! Do you know if Jeni Smith has a Facebook page?

I looked on the web site and couldn't find it but I got the impression that it's a new range but would be great to find out when it's available to buy x

Are these available yet as I could not see on the site x

When I read of your arm I thought of this video by Jeni Smith. I havent tried the case myself but think it looks good. Its also from Roobeauty. Hope u feel better soon.
http://youtu.be/2pIre7in9lM

This bag seems ideal for us mobile techs - I love my monsoon trolley but it's the weight even empty that always let it down - can't wait to hopefully get my hands on one of these :)

Brilliant bag....does anyone know where you can purchase it from?? I am also looking for another trolley big enough for my facial and waxing bits can anyone recommend one?? Thanks

Yes it's new to Roo Beauty but it's not on their site at the moment. Unsure as to when it will be available but in the process of finding out....I'll post any news when I get it.

I have a b and q tool box cheaper and does the trick accept slightly less glam x

Yes it's new to Roo Beauty but it's not on their site at the moment. Unsure as to when it will be available but in the process of finding out....I'll post any news when I get it.

Thank you x

Latest posts

Back