Trouble with Geleration French polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_

Reaction score
I've just started a new job in a spa which uses Jessica Geleration, it's taking a lot of getting used to being a shellac girl but generally I am (sort of) getting on with it.

However today I did a French polish using blush and chalk white, but I found I just couldn't get my smile line really crisp! It looked fine before I put it in the lamp but when it came out my smile was sort of blurred if that makes sense? So had to go over it again and use a gel brush to tidy.

Can any Geleration users shed any light on how to rectify this? I'm a perfectionist when it comes to smile lines!

Thanks geeks

Hi, I've been using Jessica Geleration for about 2 years now. It took me a little while to perfect the French smile line and had the same problem as you.
I'd previously been using Calgel for about 7/8 years which was a thicker product and was easy to get a crisp line.
Be patient and keep practising!
I found that the thinner I applied the Geleration to the smile line, the less it moved & blurred after taking it out of the lamp. I would suggest keeping the gel layer super thin when using it for a French tip, even if it means applying an extra layer to get full colour coverage.
Even now, if I occasionally use even a fraction too much white I have to neaten the line with my gel brush just before putting it in the lamp!
Some gel systems won't cure properly if too thick or too thin but I find the Jessica Geleration works best with very thin layers & build the colour up slowly.
I hope this helps a little! I know how frustrating it is when a product doesn't do what you want it too!

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back