Trouble with tiny nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameeel

Reaction score
I've got a couple of ladies that have almost kid like nail beds that cause me some problems, from getting the form to fit well to them saying they're not lasting.... I always do short sculptured on them but they just can't seem to keep them on and it's driving me insane...

All my other clients go at least 3 weeks which I recommend with others getting 4-5+ weeks no lifting and no issues....

I suspect one is picking at them and I have caught the other chewing them in the street :( grrrr!

I don't want to sack them off but it drives me mad always having a message saying ones off or they're all off etc when no-one else has this...

Please help

Meant to say Im hopefully that a solution can be found and they don't get these issues anymore :)

I have a few clients with tiny nails and unfortunately they don't last as well as someone with normal size nails, after doing lots of experimenting on my colleague who is also a victim of baby nails I double prime and uv it for 20 seconds and they stay on just under 3 weeks now x

I have a few clients with tiny nails and unfortunately they don't last as well as someone with normal size nails, after doing lots of experimenting on my colleague who is also a victim of baby nails I double prime and uv it for 20 seconds and they stay on just under 3 weeks now x

Which primer do you use? I use protein bond and have put under LED for a few seconds! That's great that you now get three weeks :)

If you protein bond use 2 coats for added stickiness. Extend the nail bed using a cover powder ( reverse application) onto your form then apply your white xx

Which primer do you use? I use protein bond and have put under LED for a few seconds! That's great that you now get three weeks :)

I use nsi attraction primer x

If you protein bond use 2 coats for added stickiness. Extend the nail bed using a cover powder ( reverse application) onto your form then apply your white xx

Yep tried extending nail bed slightly as I only do them short nails and do reverse app on nearly all clients...it's driving me mad... Maybe I should try a different primer, one that is acidic or maybe use acidic then 2 coats protein bond and led for 20/30 secs...

Their nail beds are that tiny getting a good fit on the form is also a nightmare :(

Have you tried natural tipping then sculpting over the top?? Because the tip is secured to nail bed it might just give the acrylic more stability xx

I've got tiny nails (none apart from my thumbs are above a 7 tip)..... I
Suspect chewing is more their issue lol x

I have a dumb question, why do you put the nails under the UV after priming? Is that a trick or just the primer you use?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

If you put the primed nail under led/uv it's meant to make them super adhesive...?

The nails I'm on about are normal length, just tiny! I suspect picking and chewing are to blame but when you get a text saying ones popped off you kinda feel responsible! Might try tips.. Although one of these girls came to me specifically because I sculp, had tips at various other places and ruined her nails.. :(

If tips ruined her nails they obviously were done incorrectly hun. If anything they should offer more stability. I would just explain to them that your really not happy with the result your getting and the fact that they are losing nails so you want to try this way to see if you get a better result. Xx

Latest posts

Back