Try not to giggle at me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
Hi geeks!

So my colleague and I have been discussing heating towels on a slow cooker -as we saw mentioned on SG- sounds like a great tip but I am wondering if this can be done using a convection oven? Try not to laugh as I don't actually know what one is, I was given one a few weeks ago by my ma. I was going to throw it out but then got wondering if I could use it to heat towels as it's rather large and could save me a few bob?

Hi geeks!

So my colleague and I have been discussing heating towels on a slow cooker -as we saw mentioned on SG- sounds like a great tip but I am wondering if this can be done using a convection oven? Try not to laugh as I don't actually know what one is, I was given one a few weeks ago by my ma. I was going to throw it out but then got wondering if I could use it to heat towels as it's rather large and could save me a few bob?

Oh, go on! Post a picture ;)

You can always delete the thread if after we have had a laugh. I have no idea what one is.

A convection oven is just a fan assisted oven like you use at home. Please dont put your towels in there. This made me smile xx

LOL! Well I got taught if you don't ask... You'll never know. Least I know now. Thanks :)

I was always told a convention oven was a microwave. Dont put dry towels in there but if you have damp towels for steaming in a treatment then feel free.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Now don't laugh at this but ..... Would a steamer not be a good thing ?? ( I'm gonna duck now 😂😂😂) price tag on actual warm cabbies are ridiculously high

she said convection not convention. i know a few ladies that use steamers for their towels with no problems.x

Haha you just reminded me when I was about 12 it's was my mums birthday and my school trousers were still wet in the morning. I didn't want to wake her as she never slept in and it was her birthday, so anyway;I decided to put my trouser in the microwave.....
My mother had a huge shock to wake up to me screaming and the fire alarm going off because my trousers were on fire!! lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Now don't laugh at this but ..... Would a steamer not be a good thing ?? ( I'm gonna duck now ����😂) price tag on actual warm cabbies are ridiculously high

The beauty steamers that I have seen look just like the cookery ones. So why not?

I use a crock pot for my hot towels, it looks just like a hot stone heater and I have stuck a "hot stone heater" sticker on it so that no one asks me what's for dinner ;)

I bought a plain white steamer from Argos for about a tenner does a perfect job of heating towels

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone! I'm going to make myself sound like even more of an ass here BUT....

I have a steamer, is that different to a slow cooker? As you can tell I am a traditional kinda gal when it comes to cooking so no use of fancy gadgets :S

Love this :) brilliant !!!! Thanks guys xx

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone! I'm going to make myself sound like even more of an ass here BUT....

I have a steamer, is that different to a slow cooker? As you can tell I am a traditional kinda gal when it comes to cooking so no use of fancy gadgets :S

Yes - a slow cooker you put all your food in and it slow cooks over hours. I use mine for stews & casseroles & pop it on in the morning and its lovely when its ready at night. A steamer uses steam to cook food.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Right so my steamer will be fine to use to warm towels?

Yes but I would pop them in damp & don't let them get too hot. I have done that before now with a hot cabbie!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wonderful, thank you! :hugs:

Latest posts

Back