Trying new things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
Anyone else not feel comfortable with all these new hair trends like balayage and all these bright/pastel colours and techniques. I feel like I'm slipping so far behind. I have my own salon and work alone so have no one to watch or practise with. I like to stick with my regular clients who have simple colours and highlights. So nervous of trying new things incase I mess it up [emoji30]

Have you tried any advance training?

Hey, we offer live online masterclasses with amazing stylists for only €20, and you get lifetime access to the courses so that you can go back and revisit the masterclasses. Last week we had Jack Howard go through balayage, on Monday 10 April we have Jayson Gray going through freehand techniques. This might be something for you?

There are many professional training videos on line.....I watch stacks of the stuff! :p

From a practical view point, some of it would take up most of the day - great for satisfying the artist in you, but not necessarily a financial gain!

There are many professional training videos on line.....I watch stacks of the stuff! :p

From a practical view point, some of it would take up most of the day - great for satisfying the artist in you, but not necessarily a financial gain!

Any recommendations? :)

Anyone else not feel comfortable with all these new hair trends like balayage and all these bright/pastel colours and techniques. I feel like I'm slipping so far behind. I have my own salon and work alone so have no one to watch or practise with. I like to stick with my regular clients who have simple colours and highlights. So nervous of trying new things incase I mess it up [emoji30]

Totally know where your coming from, I've had a break from working in a salon for 5 years, I've booked on a colouring course, sadly only in June. As I start work tomorrow back in a high Street salon x

Any recommendations? :)

Youtube
'Free salon education' - Matt Beck, Sam Villa, cut & style
Guy Tang - great for colour....
L'Oreal, Toni & Guy, Wella...they all do tutorials.....Lee Stafford is good - very down to earth!

Just be sure you stick with the professionals, as there are an awful lot of 'wanna be's' creating sh*t on there too! :p

You tube!!!! And get a block or friend to practise on xx

Elona Taki on you tube Instagram and Facebook, shes fab x

Have a little faith....
Most of us, if we honest, when carrying out any new service, no matter how 'rehearsed' ...... are flying by the seat of our pants! :p
But...that's often the time when the 'magic' happens, and we produce something really special. :cool:

Have you tried any advance training?
I've been looking but have no idea where to start. I can't close the salon for long as I'm on my own so I can't do long courses. My only days off are Sunday/ Monday.

Youtube
'Free salon education' - Matt Beck, Sam Villa, cut & style
Guy Tang - great for colour....
L'Oreal, Toni & Guy, Wella...they all do tutorials.....Lee Stafford is good - very down to earth!

Just be sure you stick with the professionals, as there are an awful lot of 'wanna be's' creating sh*t on there too! :p
Thank you! I'll have a look through these.

Latest posts

Back