Trying to balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel I don't think you understand. Maybe this is a bit too advanced for you?
Why are you being rude for? how is this advanced? the OP says that she would go in with bleach on the mid lengths w 10 vol, which is not necessary, no need to use any bleach on that area apart from adding in swept highlights for the balayage, in order to get the client to a level 5 all she has to do is use colour remover on the entire head to remove the box dye then go in and colour to a level 5....

The only need for bleach is the ends, it will save a lot of unnecessary time and possible damage...

I think im going this route, it seems easiest with me being an amateur still and i think itll be easiest on the hair. Thanks
QUOTE="surf girl, post: 2516513, member: 82872"]If you've never done a balyage like this before, trust me you'd do all the colour removing etc then at the end think dam those roots could do with going a shade darker, honest :) leave it at a 4 or do what Jamie said and mix 4 & 5[/QUOTE]

Im sorry you all i think i made it more confusing than it should be, i tend to be an over thinker sorry.

It's the kindest to the hair too @Amusick theres really no need to colour reduce or bleach to recolour over it 1 shade lighter for this client, the balayaging up against the dark root will give an overall lighter appearance to the whole head, good luck with it :) post piccies after you've done xx

Im sorry you all i think i made it more confusing than it should be, i tend to be an over thinker sorry.
It doesn't help matters when advisers over complicate either lol X

Don't worry we all over complicate things!!!

Keeping things simple is so much easier, you get better cleaner colours with so much less stress.

Keep us updated and get a before and after x

It's the kindest to the hair too @Amusick theres really no need to colour reduce or bleach to recolour over it 1 shade lighter for this client, the balayaging up against the dark root will give an overall lighter appearance to the whole head, good luck with it :) post piccies after you've done xx
colour remover isn't bleach, i'm not talking about colour stripper either colour remover removes artificial pigment and dye, not her natural colour/hair

Just do the root as either @surf girl or @jamiereid92 said by using low peroxide and breaking through previous colour you're not gonna have bright/light blonde anyway. It will be subtle.

@surf girl and @jamiereid92 are fabulous colourists, and I would always take their advice.

Just do the root as either @surf girl or @jamiereid92 said by using low peroxide and breaking through previous colour you're not gonna have bright/light blonde anyway. It will be subtle.

@surf girl and @jamiereid92 are fabulous colourists, and I would always take their advice.
that's unnecessary, and more damaging than using a colour remover to remove artificial dye, it's box dye, it should be removed before using professional products, why use peroxide on previous colour? that's more damaging than removing it safely and gently...

that's unnecessary, and more damaging than using a colour remover to remove artificial dye, it's box dye, it should be removed before using professional products, why use peroxide on previous colour? that's more damaging than removing it safely and gently...

I don't think there is really a need to remove the colour. If she did that she would have yo then balyage again rather than do a 1 step process.

I don't think there is really a need to remove the colour. If she did that she would have yo then balyage again rather than do a 1 step process.
the need is because its box colour, it's a 2/3 step process, colour remover, then go in base 5 and then she can balayage the ends, which she can choose to do in a single process or 2 separate processes,

Or do it how I said & achieve the picture I posted, which I would bank money on is the sort of thing the client wants....

The op actually stated she's found her answer and technique now, she wasn't impressed with the confusion created by unhelpful posts maybe this thread is finished with now and should be closed before it gets off topic or school yard like as usual.

OK just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one

the need is because its box colour, it's a 2/3 step process, colour remover, then go in base 5 and then she can balayage the ends, which she can choose to do in a single process or 2 separate processes,

remember that time we was trying to educate you on the reasons for using a colour remover and you was adamant numerous bleaching was the only option.....Welcome to our world.....That's all I'm saying....

remember that time we was trying to educate you on the reasons for using a colour remover and you was adamant numerous bleaching was the only option.....Welcome to our world.....That's all I'm saying....
no, i had bleached her hair before hand, and fair enough i should have used one but didn't have one, but this person hasn't done it yet and i'm giving her the advice that she should use to keep the hair as healthy as possible, I didn't need educating on it either, i knew what it was, regardless colour remover is much more gentle and safe than bleaching the colour out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back