Trying to build my clients up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelajane

Reaction score
Although i have had a few new phonecalls from new clients things are a bit slow, i have been thinking of how to get my nails out there on show, my own nails have had enough of showing off diffrent things and dont want to end up damaging them even more, I was wondering about advertising for some models (at reduced rate) for me do a variety of designs on and give them some cards to help get my nails out there, maybe reward the models with free infills if i gain new clients from them. Just wanted to no what people thought of this idea or if you have any others that might help. Thanks.

I have literally JUST started working as a nail tech as I only qualified last week in Acrylics and I have already gained 10 customers just through creating a Facebook Page! It's great for spreading the word and also showing off your work! :)

Geeg once gave me a great tip.

If you have any friends in retail, do their nails for free. Seeing as they serve customers, people will see their nails and ask about them... that's when they hand over your business card!

I agree about facebook, that's where most of my clients come from.
Try advertising on free listing sites like citylocal and yahoo as people search for businesses on google and these always come up!

Have you tried a leaflet drop, or putting some cards/leaflets in takeaways and local shops etc?

Pop some L&P on your nails and LEAVE IT lol, you are your own best advertisement. You won't damage them with proper application and care. Keep cards with you wherever you go so that when people comment on your nails, whip one out and say 'Pleased to meet you, I'm a nail technician - here is my card if you'd like to book an appointment'. :D

xxx

Ive got facebook up and running and a website just not getting the clients, just thought it might be another idea to get my nails out there, well done on getting urs, hope you are very successful.

Thanks emily, great idea :)

Hi
I would say it's definitely worth a try. I started my business at the end of last year and all my clients have come via friends and family showing their nails off to others. Good luck, hope it works!!!! x

Latest posts

Back