Trying to go natural, need help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaire

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm not sure I've posted in the right section of the forum, but here goes :s -

I am trying to grow my hair out to it's natural colour which is dark blonde/ash light brown with copper red highlights.

Anyways, I have about 3 inchs of natural re-growth, and then 90% of the hair is very dry plum colour. I have bleached this processed hair about 3 times at 20 vol, and it can't take anymore bleaching/lifting as it is very dry, porous and breaking off at the ends.:irked:

but I need to some how get the plum dye out of it, which was a semi perminant dye.

I tried RUSK ID colour reducer once, and it seemed to lighten the plum colour, but then it re-darkened a few days later.

How can I try to get the rest of my hair to match my natural re-growth, it really is starting to look like quite a contrast.

I would really appreciate your advice so much!:green:

[ what shade is the plumb colour, is it darker than your natural colour ? i find the matrix sync semi permanent colours really forgiving, with great shine, thats if your mid lengths and ends are the same shade or lighter. i dont think you would need to pre pig the hair as the plumb is a warm tone. but always do a strand test first, to check your result. x x x

unfortunatley the plum colour is darker than my natural, also, because it is so porous, if i try to dye it (even with a semi) it will go much darker.

Was thinking along the lines of using a colour reducer, does anyone know of any good ones? that actually work?

unfortunatley the plum colour is darker than my natural, also, because it is so porous, if i try to dye it (even with a semi) it will go much darker.

Was thinking along the lines of using a colour reducer, does anyone know of any good ones? that actually work?

Hi Dolly, I am not too sure if you are a professional hairdresser as you sound quite professional ?
but... your hair sounds like it has been too over procesessed and it may not be able to take anything more ,

you could do some test pieces first before you try anything more ,

or another option would be to ring up your local college as they are always in of need colour corrections
and they also use colour reducers , these hairdressers are level three , and they are very well supervised too

:) x minky

Latest posts

Back