Trying to tone down full head bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlycutshair

Reaction score
Needing some advice please.

I have a client who at the moment has a full head scalp bleach. My client is wanting to tone down the colour by adding some additional blondes so it is more natural. I have done various test pieces but they are either come out too dark (with a nice tone) or when I try to stick with lighter colours eg base 8-9 they come out too golden or very khaki. I feel I'm a little out of sink with the pre pigging techniques. I work with L'oreal majirel colours. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I have used wella 7.73 as a lowlight on heavily bleached hair and it was fab.

Loreal doesn't require pre-pig. I would recommend using richesse 8.3 and 6.3 in very fine slices throughout the head. Gold neutralizes when coloring down while creating the most stable longetivity.

No colours really need pre pig to some degree.
Is the hair white or slightly warm or ash? On white or ash use a golden tone to get a flat colour or double gold for a gold finish. Xoxo

Thankyou for your help. So I am better using richesse rather than majirel for this process? The clients hair is very ash blonde.

Yes defiantly better off! X

Needing some advice please.

I have a client who at the moment has a full head scalp bleach. My client is wanting to tone down the colour by adding some additional blondes so it is more natural. I have done various test pieces but they are either come out too dark (with a nice tone) or when I try to stick with lighter colours eg base 8-9 they come out too golden or very khaki. I feel I'm a little out of sink with the pre pigging techniques. I work with L'oreal majirel colours. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I toned down a friends bleach yesterday using wella colour touch, i used 8/81, 9/16, 0/6 and 88/07 with 1.9 I did full head foils alternating colours, it looked fabulous the tones reminded me of neopolitan ice cream x

i always use 6,3 or 7,3 majirel l'oreal in bleach blonde hair as a lo light and always turns out nice. if it comes out too dark it is most likly to fade on bleach blonde hair as bleached hair is more porus and doesnt hold much of a pigment so eventually will fade hope that helps xx

Latest posts

Back