Two different brands, what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I just need a little bit of help I have been duped into buying a load of rubbish brands of gel. :( My own silly fault. (long story to embarrassed to tell it :eek:)
The thing is I don't want to use this on my clients. I need to buy some more products however do I spend hundreds now on a well know brand IBD or start with Rapide Soak off until I start making a bit of profit.

I know this has probably been asked a million times but would really love some honest reviews. Thanks Xxx

Can you possibly sell it on somewhere? In my business I would never use a rubbish brand. You'll lose clients and gain a bad rep.

Can you possibly sell it on somewhere? In my business I would never use a rubbish brand. You'll lose clients and gain a bad rep.

Someone else said to sell it all on, But I am still stuck on going for the IBD or Rapide gel brand. I have been online all morning trying to get info but not really much about :(

Rapide Soak off
1- have you done your homework on the company
2 -have you tried the product
3 -do you like the product
4 -why is the product rubbish
5 -what do your clients say about the product
6 -how much have you already invested in the product
7 -do you feel like you can run another product along side this one untill you build up an ibd collection
8-can you sell it on with out losing a lot of money
9-is there anything unique this product does which other gel polishes do not tip overlay/hi speed soak of times

10-some links that may help

Rapide UV Gel Soak Off Polish Starter Kit

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.332111273476125.77255.267198693300717&type=3

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/163299-rapide-uv-gel.html

Soak off enhancement gels [Archive] - Salon Geek

however if in doubt cast it out xx you must be happy with the products you invest

Opps sorry I have not made myself clear (I have been flustered today :( )
The products I had bought were cco and Bluesky, (Which after reading lots of reviews from here it is not worth using them) Before I had been using Nubar however I am not a fan of it.

So what I was going to do was get rid of all the cco and blue sky and either change to IBD or Rapide.

Last edited:
My brain is fried with all the different brands. :Scared:

Why IBD or Rapide? Any particular reason?

Why IBD or Rapide? Any particular reason?

I have had cnd on me before and I don't like and Im not sure of any other brands, I just looked at low end budget (Rapide which I hope would be better than CCO and Blue sky) and then a slightly higher end (IBD). After wasting so much money I don't really want to spend a massive fortune.

What I don't get is I was fooled into buying the CCO and Bluesky (So stooooopidly) I did not research enough I thought wow cheap and I used it on myself and I found for me it was ok, However after reading the many hundreds of reviews on here about CCO and Bluesky and things like your insurances wont cover you. I am so worried that is why I want to use something that may be better.

I haven't got time to try the Rapide or IBD as I need to get it ordered today that is why I am asking fellow nail techs their opinions. :)

What about shellac or gelish? They are similar price to ibd and sell amazing value starter kits!

I have used rapide and would not bother with it. The colours aren't great and are not very opaque

Why do you have to order today? I've got to say that if yiu don't try a few differAnt products I think you will be doing exactly what you've already done-
Brought a bulk of products you don't know much about.

It's all very well asking geeks but we all prefer differAnt products for differAnt reasons? What happens if you don't like Ibd or rapide? What will you do then?

Xxx

Well if you need to order today I would not go with Shellac anyway as they don't have any of their lamps in stock and "apparently" you can only use THEIR lamp. i would invest in Gelish. I used IBD years ago and it was very disappointing. I sold the whole kit on ebay and bought Gelish instead. No problems. Lasts for 3 weeks in most cases. It's worth paying that little bit extra to get 100% customer satisfaction. It brings my clients back. An inferior product wouldn't and I'd be more out of pocket. Gelish may cost more but it's making me more money.

What about shellac or gelish? They are similar price to ibd and sell amazing value starter kits!

I have used rapide and would not bother with it. The colours aren't great and are not very opaque

Why do you have to order today? I've got to say that if yiu don't try a few differAnt products I think you will be doing exactly what you've already done-
Brought a bulk of products you don't know much about.

It's all very well asking geeks but we all prefer differAnt products for differAnt reasons? What happens if you don't like Ibd or rapide? What will you do then?

Xxx

Hi
I have ordered a bit of IBD and a small amount of Rapide I have clients next week and I really don't want to use CCO and Bluesky as I have not seen one person on here that uses it professionally and that has put me off.
To be honest even though I am qualified there are so many different makes it was like me looking for shampoo there is some really cheap ones I like and some really expensive ones I don't, thought I would be able to get a lot of what I thought was ok products cheap but after reading everything on here I felt ill with worry.
I was mortified I had bought cr%p and only managed to sleep 2 hours last night worrying that I have used rubbish products on my clients and I might not be insured. I am such a worrier. Oh can you use shellac on nail enhancements though? xX

Hi
I have ordered a bit of IBD and a small amount of Rapide I have clients next week and I really don't want to use CCO and Bluesky as I have not seen one person on here that uses it professionally and that has put me off.
To be honest even though I am qualified there are so many different makes it was like me looking for shampoo there is some really cheap ones I like and some really expensive ones I don't, thought I would be able to get a lot of what I thought was ok products cheap but after reading everything on here I felt ill with worry.
I was mortified I had bought cr%p and only managed to sleep 2 hours last night worrying that I have used rubbish products on my clients and I might not be insured. I am such a worrier. Oh can you use shellac on nail enhancements though? xX[/QUOTE

stop your worrying if in any doubt re products and your insurance stipulation/provider ring them direct(ring them now) do not ask on here as you will cause yourself unnecessary stress and worry as long as a product is Eu tested and has msds sheets then you can use it for what it was designed for even if it is called i'm the best gel polish in the world from mars

but professional aimed products/suppliers of them work best for the sake of your business and a list of other reasons

ring your insurance and ask the manufacturer for EU testing info and msds sheets to be sent over

Thanks x

I have had cnd on me before and I don't like and Im not sure of any other brands, I just looked at low end budget (Rapide which I hope would be better than CCO and Blue sky) and then a slightly higher end (IBD). After wasting so much money I don't really want to spend a massive fortune.

What I don't get is I was fooled into buying the CCO and Bluesky (So stooooopidly) I did not research enough I thought wow cheap and I used it on myself and I found for me it was ok, However after reading the many hundreds of reviews on here about CCO and Bluesky and things like your insurances wont cover you. I am so worried that is why I want to use something that may be better.

I haven't got time to try the Rapide or IBD as I need to get it ordered today that is why I am asking fellow nail techs their opinions. :)

Stop beating yourself up about your choice. We all make mistakes and the important thing is that you figured it out. Yes, you lost some money - we call that "tuition to the School of Hard Knocks!"

I don't know Rapide (which may be, in itself, telling), but I've worked a lot with IBD Just Gel. It is an excellent product, at an excellent price point. The colors and the range are wonderful. Of the salons I work with, one chose to make IBD its only gel brand and their clients love it. I still have concerns about it, however. It does not have the name recognition or market penetration of the big three (CND Shellac, HNH Gelish and OPI GelColors) and it does not bring in the clients the way they do. We've even had some potential clients walk out when they discover that it isn't a name they recognize. IBD also does not have the education, customer support, or advertising support of the big three. I use IBD Just Gel on my own nails and I like it a lot, but I do have some reservations about making it your sole system.

I'd there a Capital hair and beauty by you? They stock Gellux which I really rate, worth a look maybe x

Stop beating yourself up about your choice. We all make mistakes and the important thing is that you figured it out. Yes, you lost some money - we call that "tuition to the School of Hard Knocks!"

I don't know Rapide (which may be, in itself, telling), but I've worked a lot with IBD Just Gel. It is an excellent product, at an excellent price point. The colors and the range are wonderful. Of the salons I work with, one chose to make IBD its only gel brand and their clients love it. I still have concerns about it, however. It does not have the name recognition or market penetration of the big three (CND Shellac, HNH Gelish and OPI GelColors) and it does not bring in the clients the way they do. We've even had some potential clients walk out when they discover that it isn't a name they recognize. IBD also does not have the education, customer support, or advertising support of the big three. I use IBD Just Gel on my own nails and I like it a lot, but I do have some reservations about making it your sole system.

Hi just to let you know that IBD education is offered through grafton international, I have dealt with them on numerous occasions and they are great to work with. They have a training centre in Tamworth I believe which is where they are located. I had my just gel training with Kerry from graftons and she is fab xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi just to let you know that IBD education is offered through grafton international, I have dealt with them on numerous occasions and they are great to work with. They have a training centre in Tamworth I believe which is where they are located. I had my just gel training with Kerry from graftons and she is fab xx

Sorry, I should have made clear that I'm in the US. And I should have been clearer that I was not saying that IBD does not have very good education, just that it's not nearly as available (or as good to my mind) as any of the big three. At least here.

It's okay I just presume that everyone is uk based! (Silly me!) but yes you are right ibd doesn't seem to have as much availability in regards to training (even here in the UK) as the likes of CND or HNH but it is there if you seek it out lol x

Latest posts

Back