Two hours for a full set. Please help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
IMG_20111109_104741.jpg

Not sure if the photo worked, but I just finished this set of nails. It took me two hours. Guh. How do I get faster???

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

You will get quicker with practice. the main thing is that you have produced a great set of nails, they look fab. Just don't try to rush too much and not produce such great work.

It takes me about an hour and a half because i do all work by hand, (no nasty drills etc) if you are doing the same I don't think you can get much faster, try applying the acrylic in shape so you have less filling time xx

It'd take me about 1.5 hours to do what you've done there - I guess that's about average? I don't think you need to cut down on time when there's art on the nails, even if you do it'd only be a fraction - just make sure you're charging accordingly :)

They are lovely nails x

I like 'm! And if I was your client I'd be more than happy to sit around for 2 hours and get such a nice set of nails like these. So don't worry. A new set of nails takes me about 1,5 - 2 hours. And most time when I see sets that are done within the hour it's rubbish (not saying they all are) So don't stress yourself and keep working in a pace you're happy with

It takes me about an hour and a half because i do all work by hand, (no nasty drills etc) if you are doing the same I don't think you can get much faster, try applying the acrylic in shape so you have less filling time xx

Drills? what we drilling for oil? They are electric files = e-files. They are not nasty hun, they are only nasty when in the wrong hands.

I love my e-file and it saves me a lot of time on a rebalance :biggrin:

Drills? what we drilling for oil? They are electric files = e-files. They are not nasty hun, they are only nasty when in the wrong hands.

I love my e-file and it saves me a lot of time on a rebalance :biggrin:

I'm with you on that one! I also like using my e-file. And lovely stated by Greg of YN "It's not the tools that do the damage, it's the fools that do the damage" ;)

So back to the subject, using an e-file (CORRECTLY) it can definitely save you time!

I actually do already use an electric file :eek: Still just that slow.... I just think I need to be doing nails more often. It is just hard when I am not doing this as my full time job as of now. Trying to get back into practice since I never got into the industry after I got licensed!!:Scared:

It takes me 45 mins on a 1or2 colour set that are short 1 hour on a longer set and up to 1.5 hrs for nail art patterns etc I don't use an e-file except for on a rebalance but thinking of starting using mine on all sets as tbh my bloody shoulder aches after 9/10 sets in a day :-$ I don't think 2 hours is bad at all if they are finished well and look good quicker times come with practice and nobody will mind 2 hrs for such a lovely set :) xxx

Your timing is fine on these lovely nails. Timings get better the more experienced you get so don't worry. You have produced a really pretty set of nails here and you should be proud of yourself :wink2:

Latest posts

Back