ultrasonic hair extentions!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stirky

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone uses this machine to put in hair extentions..i saw it at a hair show , was so easy to use as it melts keratin tips using ultra sonic machine which doesnt get hot...I dont do hair extentions myself but this looked so easy..demos on you tube..the kit was £800 though which i thought expensive especially as this isnt my trade..i have found the machine to buy on its own..just wondered if anyone knows where and which is the best hair (they have nail shaped keratin tips) thanks ....:biggrin:

Can I point out all the "I have a nightmare hair ext client problem" threads on here.

Heat is not in any way a problem part of hair ext. We learn how to handle the products we use. Eight hundred quid to solve a problem that doesnt exist? riiiight.

The problems people have with hair ext are
1. terrible hair used
2 put in too thick/ thin
3 poor placing
4 bonding problems
5 aftercare problems
6 client stupidity.

I doubt if there is a machine that will ever solve all the problems, only skill, communication and good training.

Why spend £800 when most ext. connectors are under £100. Most connectors operate at temperatures lower than GHD. Most probs I have is poor client care. :(

Were you thinking to purchase the machine for yourself? You need to be a qualified hairdresser to even begin to think about the application of hair extensions.

i have just found the machine on ebay for about £100....I qualified as hairdresser years ago but never took it up professionally....the guy selling the kits said you didn't need to be qualified and made it look so easy, was thinking just to get one to do my daughters hair... yes i thought £800 was very steep but there was lots of professional hairdressers flocking round the trade stand (mind you not sure if anyone bought one) as i said i have no experience of hair extentions yet i had a go with this and it was so easy....just wondered if anyone was using this machine..thanks for the replies always helpful x:D

Sweetheart, I make extensions look easy full stop! I also make cutting look easy but thats another story!

Applying ext is not difficult, the rest of the subject is. If you want to do amateur ext, then have a look at how many cheap, quick courses are available. Then read all the threads on here.

People who think they can do extensions with no training are the ones that make people bald. I am an educator for hair extensions and have seen lots of bad applications. You should not be applying them without full practical and the theory behind it all.

Habia approved courses are the way to go. :)

thanks for replies...I won't be attempting hair extentions!!! even though the guy selling the product said it was so straight forward and anyone can do them....obviously all he was interested in was selling his expensive kit..I will stick to what i do best ha ha
this is what i like about salon geek , you get good honest responses

Someone took a newspaper clipping about this and gave it to me, I instantly thought that the kit would be expensive! I agree though, and keep telling clients, there is nothing wrong with pre bonded hair extensions if applied correctly and equally as important they are looked after correctly, people always seem to focus on the horror stories!

Latest posts

Back