under eye makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lec

Reaction score
Hello all fellow geeks! I hope I am not being rude to ask this but here goes.
You know the black line you can get under your eyes from lack of sleep etc etc, how can I cover this up?:confused:
I don't wear makeup day to day and have never worn foundation/powder on my face, but I wondered if there was something I could buy to help disguise it and not have to wear foundation/powder on the rest of my face?
Although I know I get up during the night to deal with my little fella, didnt want anyone else to know!!!:lol:

Cheers guys and gals XX:hug:

Hi lec, consealer, yellow base works best. There are many different types I prefer mineral cream consealer. But there are sticks..(looks like lipstick) or pot or cream...even mineral powders applied with a small brush.

Match your skin as best you can, but go with a yellow base.:)

Drink your water...take care to get your sleep...watch your alcohal intake...treat your allergies. Stay healthy:green:

AAhhh thankyou Sophiea, will go for a little shop I think. I use Clinique for face cleaning bits so maybe they have something. Will take a look.

Thankyou

I cant live without my YSL touche eclate (sp?) It's great worn on it's own or with full makeup.

I use collection 2000 illuminating light concealer (or something like that) and it's amazing. I'd tried loads of different concealers before to try and cover up my dark circles with no luck but this stuff works wonders and it's only a fiver.....

I cant live without my YSL touche eclate (sp?) It's great worn on it's own or with full makeup.

I also use the YSL Touche Eclate and have recently bought the Benefit version (the names escapes me at the moment) which is also very good.

As far as I know, YSL were the first to bring out this type of under eye concealer, but now most make up brands have them.

Marlise

Totally agree with this. It's the best thing I've ever found for dark circles.

Thankyou for your help.....I just dont wanna look as tired as Ifeel !!!LOL

I use collection 2000 illuminating light concealer (or something like that) and it's amazing. I'd tried loads of different concealers before to try and cover up my dark circles with no luck but this stuff works wonders and it's only a fiver.....

have to agree....i have used that too and its brilliant....people may mock collection 2000 but trust me, this stuff is fab. xx

YSL touche eclate

One of my clients used to use this but she now uses Avon ANEW Age Transforming Concealer, she says its as good as the above and a lot cheaper.

One of my other clients has really bad dark bags under her eyes and swears by Avon's ANEW Eye Lift.

Hope this helps.

Ju x

a friend of mines uses me me me concealer and it comes in a little pot with a mineral powder

it works great for her

YSL Touche Eclat is fabulous. As with all makeup, experiment with it and come up with the perfect way for you. First off you should try applying it and blending straight away, if this is enough coverage for you, you're sorted! If not, apply it carefully (no streaks), wait a minute or two then just blend the edges, this gives industrial coverage. If you're going to be flash-photographed, use Touche Eclat sparingly and mix with another non-light-refelcting (i.e no titanium or zinc oxide) concealer so you don't get glaring panda eyes.

Remember Touche is classed as a highlighting concealer, don't put it on flaws that need to be shadowed rather than highlighted. The best example of this is when people apply Touche to the bags directly under the lashes, this just magnifies their existence! Under these bags (that look more like 'pouches' I suppose....I really want you to get what I mean here!) the skin comes in line with the eye socket and here is where the ashen blue-toned skin starts. Think of Touche as visual polyfilla (rather than physical - that isn't a good look) it's light reflecting qualities plump the undereye skin so that it looks less sunken (it 'brings it out' if you like) and evens the balance between your lower lash line 'pouches'. Not everyone has these pouches, and some are less prevalent, but if you do suffer from these, don't slap Touche all over them, it will only highlight them.

As for yellow colour correction under the eye, I have no idea why (some) companies are claiming it will do the trick. You may think it's better at concealing ashen undereye tones because before you have used a pink-toned foundation or concealer. Yellow will always work better than pink at concealing ashen tones, as pink has a tendency to go greyish when used in this way. So yellow is the lesser of two evils. If you study the colour wheel, however, you will see that orange will neutralize blue. Now because your undereye tone is not vivid blue, you will not need to use vivid orange, a peach colour (often used by Asian women with particularly sallow undereye skin) will suffice. MAC offer a peach colour corrector, which, used sparingly, works wonderfully either on its own or in conjunction with other concealers (Touche included - fab effects).

I rate Lily Lolo makeup, they have a 'Peep-O' yellow undereye concealer apparently for dark circles. I have found their blondie concealer does a better job of it! It works like a powder version of Touche as it contains the same light reflecting ingredients. Instead, I use their 'Peep-O' as a very effective colour corrector for high colour, as yellow gives a far more natural effect than traditional green.

A long one, I know, but hope this helps :green:

I use OOH LA LIFT from benefit its very good.

Wow thanks for all your advice. Will let you know how I get on. So many to choose from. Think it calls for a girlie shop... What a great excuse !!

Latest posts

Back