Unhappy, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hug:REALLY sorry for long post, but this has raised sooo many issues I cannot condense my thoughts into a short answer. I'm not a mental health nurse or practitioner, but it seems quite obvious from your posts that your bf needs professional help with his condition (whatever that condition may be).

Just a thought - if you really love the guy, and feel that you want to stay with him if he gets the help he needs, how about threatening to leave? If he pleads, begs, or whatever he does to keep you there, why not suggest marriage counselling? That way, he may not think he is seeing a GP or "therapist" but the outcome may be that they will be able to refer him on to someone that can help him without it coming from you.

Not sure if this will work, but if you willing to give it a go, what have you got to lose? If this doesnt work - GO!

I spend many years in a marriage not sure if I still wanted to be there but too scared of the consequences if we parted. We had businesses together, a lovely home, and 3 children (my main concern - did not want my children to have to live through the trauma of a parental split :sad: etc). Eventually, after 25 years of marriage, I kicked him out almost 3 years ago. I am very lucky that due to the businesses I am able at the moment to stay in the marital home. But, you know what, I am now sooo much happier I wouldn't care if I was living elsewhere. Yes, there are very lonely times ahead but as someone posted earlier, once that decision is made, you are almost at the top of the hill. Dont agree that making the decision is the top of the hill (sorry to offend the original op of that post), but it is certainly 3/4 of the way.

You have no children, therefore no commitments other than between you and him.

If you do decide to leave, and you have confessed to your family, they will be totally supportive. I am sure your mum will just tell you to get your butt back home where it belongs until you have sorted yourself out - well I would as a Mum, regardless of my childrens ages.

Long post, I know, but it may have given you another idea to try, or some reassurance that you will be ok in the future if you decide to call it a day. xxx

Hello geeks
Its ages since Ive logged in here! I just wanted to write a little note to say thank you for all your support on this post I wrote a while back! SO much has changed!!!!!!!!!! I left him and I met the ONE like STRAIGHT after. My life is so amazing , everything i ever wanted is there in front of me on a plate! Im so happy and so in love, my life has taken a major turn for the better, I am so so happy. And Im so happy I had the strength and courage to leave my old relationship... I still worry about him as he is hurting a lot but I cant stay with someone for that reason, I am so happy I left. Thanks again for all your kind words and encouragement XXX

I am so pleased for you, just one cautionary note though... remember to look after lillamy first ! Always!

Enjoy your new life, you have a lot of lost time to make up for.:biggrin:

Thank you! YES I will! Ill do my best! This is exactly what my boyfriend tells me :) Big ♥ to you X

I am so pleased for you, just one cautionary note though... remember to look after lillamy first ! Always!

Enjoy your new life, you have a lot of lost time to make up for.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back