Unhappy with haircut?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Believe

Reaction score
2 Days ago I wanted to have a trim with more layers. I have layers and over medium length hair. I wanted just to cut a few cm of my hair, but I wanted my hair to be thinned out with the layers and weight taken out because my hair grows back very thick. She just cut the layers and my hair was the same. I asked the hairdresser to make it thinner, but it is still very thick and she said she couldn't do anything more about the thickness because of spilting the ends or something? I did pay as I thought I might just be fussing, but I'm very unsatisfied with my haircut as my hair looks and feels the same! What can I do? My friends say I can't do anything about it, and just don't go their in the future. However I feel like I've been ripped off, especially as the hairdresser was quite rude in my opinion. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I feel bad for you. Can you not go back and ask her to re-do your hair?

Hi, I am sorry you never got what you were after ,
perhaps just ring up and book a consultation , then explain what happened
and how you would like it to be ,

or ring up and explain over the phone , just say "you are unhappy as they never thinned it out for you as asked for "
and see what they say,
(they should do that free of charge)

perhaps next time go fo a free consultation with the hairdresser / salon beforehand
then you can be sure she / he can deliver exactly what you are after
good luck let us know how you get on , :)

yes go back and have it thinned - it shouldnt take long and can be done on dry hair . i think i know what she meant though because all hair splits , and if you have shorter pieces( which is essentially what thinning is taking small sections shorter throughout the hair ) then they are going to split the same as the ends and as they are further up the hair will not be cut with the3e ends each time ,and because the sections are small the chances of trimming the exact same hair on another thinning are remote , SO YOU COULD GET SPLIT ENDS ON SPLIT ENDS QUITE HIGH UP IN THE HAIR .
What you can do to keep this to a minimum is have your hair cut every 6 weeks ,condition meticluslly and have thinned every other time .
I have wavy thick hair ,but even if it is stong it is quite brittle and i never have my hair thinned because it turns into a flyaway frizzy non-wavy split wig like horsehair!
If you have straight(or straighten it hides the ends loverly) or even oriental hair then go for it! or just have it done lightly .
inm not against thinning - but you really need to be quite on the ball with maintanance if your hair is wavy , i personally think its better on hair above the shoulders or short .

u should ring them, tell them u are not happy with the cut, and ask for a redo(for free...salons usually will let u, ask to speak to the boss or manager on the phone)

tell the stylist to either use thinning scissors to thin the hair in 3 sections(dry, or else it will cause ripped ends if thinned on wet hair)
or get them to use channel cutting technique(thinning the hair out with scissor, not thinning scissors).

that is pretty much all u need, but it's better to be done dry on ironed straight hair.

hope that helps:confused:

How many times do people go to the hairdressers and don't complain when they're not happy?!
What is it about hairdressers?
I'm sure we've all done it :)
Ring them back and tell them you're not happy.
If someone left my salon and wasn't happy with their hair then i would rather they ring me and let me know rather than telling other people.
I'm sure they will do it again for free as you didn't get what you asked for.

Latest posts

Back