Uniform Vs own style

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tillymay

Reaction score
in a town center salon what do u were for work as a hair dressr what looks best xx

I think it is usualy up to the owner of the salon, some have a uniform for all to wear, others have a dress code, eg, black top and trousers. I have worked in one where you can wear anything aslong as its smart casual and is ok with health and saftey xxx

where i work we can where what we like as long as we look quite smart, i tend to wear quite a lot of black as i think it looks smart... i do quite like the idea of wearing a uniform though!

I ask my hairdressers to express themselves.

We all wear tunics with the salon logo on. I have tried letting them wear what they want but I always tend to get the scruffy ones!

We wear what we want. i like to dress quite smart, as do the girls who work with me. i dont mind jeans as long as they are smart enough. once i had a girl come to work wearing a velour tracksuit...she didn't do it again. i would feel if i imposed a uniform, it would be the salons responsibility to pay for it.
Posted via Mobile Device

own style definatly,, i think beauty therapists are expected to wear formal uniform but hardressers for some reason are more casual.
smart but casual.
xx

We wear navy and cream, but in our own style, as it is the colour scheme of the salon. I bought them the basics, Navy trews/cream & navy striped tops etc and we build on that. It makes a nice change from black. I love the look of a tunic in a salon, but I prefer to wear a bit more fashion. hth x x

i let my stylists wear what they like, hair and make-up must be done and jeans and trainers have to be smart! my sat girl turned up in her P.E trainers which she had worn for cross country!!!! she had to ring her mum and get some shoes brought to the salon!:suprised:

Latest posts

Back